Real meaning of $0 and $1 Craigslist car ads - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 12:07 PM
Tech Team
Will

Re: Real meaning of $0 and $1 Craigslist car ads

I used to buy and sell a good bit on Craigslist, but Facebook marketplace is way better now. You kinda sorta know who you are dealing with and usually where the item actually is. You still end up with those that don’t list a price and/or say that they know what it’s worth and give them your best offer. I pretty much won’t talk to folks like that. I will talk to people with really low prices. I bought a crew cab 1st gen dodge for my brother who was over seas in the military really cheap. I was the first one to show up with money. Guy commented that “I guess I should have asked more for it because I have gotten like 200 messages since I posted it last night”. He said that one person had come by and offered him less for it, and he wanted what he was asking. My brother was pumped because he had looking for a decent priced one for a few years for a Cummins swap. Most of the time they sell for 2-4 times what I paid for it, and I honestly thought it was spam at first. Just never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 12:22 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage

I wont understand a dealer thinking he will get a call on a new vehicle that is listed with "call for price". I scroll right past those to ads with a price. I buy trucks for work, in fact i just bought a new 4 dr Ram today. i dont have the time or patience to call a dealer about a price on a truck, unless the truck i am looking for is close to unicorn status, and super hard to find. I have found that 99% of those ads to call for price are basically too embarrassed to put a price on the truck.

I also love when a dealer tells me "i'm only making XXX on this truck selling it to you for that price." Dont cry poor to me. Have you seen what most of these new car dealerships look like these days?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 19, 12:52 PM
Senior Tech Team

I put a Kia Sorento on craigslist for like $900, ya it had body damage but it's a 4 wheel drive truck and the engine only had 45K after Kia fixed it for free from the guy I got it from, I just don't want to scrap anything anymore (not worth my time). All I got were the will you take $250 for it crap and I'm a single mom with a boatload of bratty kids, can I have it for free. I always tell them I will junk it before I give it away. Looks like I will let the junk guy have it but not until I put a ton of brake shavings in the engine trans and rear axle. If they are not going to give me crap for it they are going to get crap when they take it away.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 19, 3:07 PM
Tech Team
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
A way to not see those ads is put $100 in the min price, or $5,000 if you really don't want to see any of the ridiculous ads. I have absolutely no interest in people who won't put a price, either..

Just my .02....grr
That's what I do too. It has cut out a lot of what I used to have to scroll through.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 19, 8:55 PM
Brian

How about the "just testing the waters, what is it worth?" .......and then you get 3-4 posting 'man that is worth a million!' 'I wouldn't sell it for less than a million'...'I saw one for a million on tv auction'...ect. These same people giving opinions 99 times out of 100 are broke!...IF they had any money, AND where actually looking to buy XYZ car they would willing to pay 1/3 what they told the other guy they thought it was worth! ...but they blow up some guys ego he has a million dollar car to spoil it for the real buyers with cash money interested in buying it..
Bottom line...do your research,,back search Ebay for sold cars like yours,,lgoogle a car and craigslist and see how many are deleted by seller because sold..and how many not..,take the TV auction with a grain of salt unless you are paying the auction fees, transport fees,professional prep fees,hotel,tickets,meals, ect to try and get tv auction prices,,,AND don't try and be a do-gooder and blow up someones ego on value and screw a good buyer...what comes around goes around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in