A new type of DUI... - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

 31Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 19, 2:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain View CA
Posts: 3,337
A new type of DUI...

https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/09/...le-intoxicated

My car is here:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bikeron is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 19, 9:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sacramento, Ca.
Posts: 814
Re: A new type of DUI...

How about DWI- Driving While I-Phoning. $5000.00 First offense Terry
bikeron, boyd66k20 and SSJohn like this.
68-13427 is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 19, 9:29 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: near Kansas City
Posts: 61,032
Garage
Re: A new type of DUI...

Now that marijuana is becoming more and more legal, there's going to be a lot more DUI's
64elkynss likes this.

.
.
.
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dean is offline  
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:05 PM
Tech Team
Dennis
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 406
Garage
Re: A new type of DUI...

While I personally donít smoke pot, I support the right to do so.
But as with driving while drunk, I support DUI if someone is impaired by pot.
I want NO ONE on the road that drinks, smokes, snorts, texts, anything that impairs them and endangers others.
boyd66k20 and Trosky like this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
67_LS1 is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wimberley, TX (SW of Austin)
Posts: 4,597
Re: A new type of DUI...

How do you test for intoxication by MJ?
dream66 is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jonathan
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siler City, NC
Posts: 3,890
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
How do you test for intoxication by MJ?
Doritos
64elkynss, 67_LS1, bikeron and 5 others like this.

Two 72 Chevelle Malibus, both 350 2bbls one Placer Gold, one Midnight Bronze

Other cars:
2005 Pontiac Vibe
2005 Ford Excursion
2000 Dodge Durango
2003 Mercedes E320
2-2018 Ford Fusions
2013 Ford Fusion
Chevelle_Nut is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:24 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City,Mo.
Posts: 4,331
Re: A new type of DUI...

cops government etc allways enthusiasticly support any action that brings in more money. they make a killing off duis and you know what? if i have enough money i can get out of every one. it's all bull****. it hurts the avg guy that works for a living and no one else. they never report all the illeagals that get caught driving drunk and let go within hours . if you have no money and no liscense and no insurance you can get as many duis as you like.
gnicholson is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: waayyy eastern Long Island
Posts: 515
Garage
Re: A new type of DUI...

I think they should raise the fines for texting while driving with jail a possibility. I see far too many morons that can't drive to begin with reeking havoc while texting. I would be willing to bet they are causing more accidents than everything else combined.
64elkynss, gnicholson and 68-13427 like this.
shelteredv is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wimberley, TX (SW of Austin)
Posts: 4,597
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
cops government etc allways enthusiasticly support any action that brings in more money. they make a killing off duis and you know what? if i have enough money i can get out of every one. it's all bull****. it hurts the avg guy that works for a living and no one else. they never report all the illeagals that get caught driving drunk and let go within hours . if you have no money and no liscense and no insurance you can get as many duis as you like.


I have a question


If they don't report illegals that get caught driving while drunk; how could you know that any of them drive or have ever driven while drunk. What is your source of data?
dream66 is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:39 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: near Kansas City
Posts: 61,032
Garage
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
I have a question


If they don't report illegals that get caught driving while drunk; how could you know that any of them drive or have ever driven while drunk. What is your source of data?
I saw it on fakebook

.
.
.
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dean is offline  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:40 PM
Tech Team
Dennis
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 406
Garage
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
How do you test for intoxication by MJ?
I donít have that answer. And there may not be an accurate, indisputable way at this time.
And if not, it needs to be invented so that like with alcohol, people who have partaken but are not impaired are not charged.
And people who are impaired can have the book thrown at them

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
67_LS1 is offline  
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:49 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: McDonald Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,271
Garage
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelteredv View Post
I think they should raise the fines for texting while driving with jail a possibility. I see far too many morons that can't drive to begin with reeking havoc while texting. I would be willing to bet they are causing more accidents than everything else combined.
How about the following. Require the manufacturers of mobile devices to make them inoperative if the device detects it is in motion at a speed that it faster than a human being can walk, which is basically 6 mph. Simple function of the phones GPS. Problem solved. Phone would only be able to make and receive calls from 911. No texting, no phone action. Problem solved. No tickets needed to be handed out. No wasting of peace officers time monitoring adults like they are children. No more accidents caused by device distracted drivers.
However government is not interested in enforcing this as there is no money in this solution for them.
blm is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City,Mo.
Posts: 4,331
Re: A new type of DUI...

they are not my sources. i get this from numerous things ive read and the few police officers i know. plus I've talked to numerous lawyers over the years about it because of my own tickets etc
gnicholson is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 12:55 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City,Mo.
Posts: 4,331
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
How about the following. Require the manufacturers of mobile devices to make them inoperative if the device detects it is in motion at a speed that it faster than a human being can walk, which is basically 6 mph. Simple function of the phones GPS. Problem solved. Phone would only be able to make and receive calls from 911. No texting, no phone action. Problem solved. No tickets needed to be handed out. No wasting of peace officers time monitoring adults like they are children. No more accidents caused by device distracted drivers.
However government is not interested in enforcing this as there is no money in this solution for them.
can you imagine how all those addicted to being constantly on thier phone would react? i would pay money
68-13427 likes this.
gnicholson is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 19, 1:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southwest
Posts: 1,257
Re: A new type of DUI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
How do you test for intoxication by MJ?

Jeff

64 El Camino Pro street, 496, T-400, 9" 3.73


Video:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fr8dog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome