Paper or plastic? - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 4:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Re: Paper or plastic?

I can see Krazy Straws making a come back!
77 cruiser and Pioneer4x4 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 8:10 PM
Tech Team

Garage

What do the cocaine users do if no straws are available? Spoon it in baby, what else, and no I don't carry a stainless straw.

66 SS-396/425 - M22 -3:73 -12 bolt
USN-SSBN 645-G
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 6:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd66k20 View Post
What do the cocaine users do if no straws are available? Spoon it in baby, what else, and no I don't carry a stainless straw.
Dude.

Everybody who partied through the eighties knows this.

Roll up a dollar bill when you are with your friends.

A hundred dollar bill when you are trying to pick up a girl.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 6:54 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Well, apparently the problem with all this crap is people bitching that it ends up in the ocean. WELL, since you force us to recycle, and I do it with pride. I keep the tub on my back porch and rinse and drop all stuff in it easily. So if we have to recycle plastic, how is it ending up dumped in the ocean. Go on a fact finding mission against that, not me actually recycling my plastic/glass/metal.
Oh wait, neighboring communities are actually stopping picking up recycling, too expensive or something.
To sum it up, people that are lazy litterers suck. People that make me suffer because others litter, also suck.
I like straws, heck, I'm ok with paper straws IN restaurants, not in my car. Plus with neck issues, and also elderly people like my dad can't drink from a can without one, I won't call them needed, but highly useful.
And if a community is dumping trash in ocean, DO NOT FINE THEM, that will just cost the taxpayers money. THROW THEM IN JAIL, whoever is responsible.
Punish the criminals, let me suck down my personally created mix of 44 ounces of Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Ginger Ale (or Diet Coke and Diet Ginger Ale) in peace.
Heck I still have some of those ancient plastic bowls that I had as a kid with the straw in the side so you could drink the milk from your cereal with them. My kids loved them when they were young too.
If you add up all the plastic from every straw I have used in my lifetime, I would bet they use less plastic than the recycling tub I had to replace because the jackass pickup guy broke it.
The problem with stainless straws is having them with you when you need them, plus all the funk growing in them you can't see.
71350SS and shovelrick like this.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 8:43 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Back in the sixties that's all they used and they worked well. Paper cups and straws. Food tasted better with the paper too. When I want a water, I buy a bottle of water, dump out the water and fill it up at the nearest sink with fresh cold tap water. I think fresh tap water is better for you then water sitting in a plastic bottle for the last 6-9 months..
boyd66k20 likes this.
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 10:42 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post
Back in the sixties that's all they used and they worked well. Paper cups and straws. Food tasted better with the paper too. When I want a water, I buy a bottle of water, dump out the water and fill it up at the nearest sink with fresh cold tap water. I think fresh tap water is better for you then water sitting in a plastic bottle for the last 6-9 months..
I tend to agree. But I think that is age and locality dependent. We have great water in this area (opinion, and I have read it somewhere...) . Others vary a good bit, but I don't know if you get used to it or what, but I prefer PA water over other places. Must be that tree extra bark and deer pee filtered through old coal mines running down to the local sources.
hydro462 likes this.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 11:33 AM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

I know that disposable plastics suck, but this is one area they need to rethink.
They outlawed plastic straws here too and I do enjoy the occasional Slurpee. I just take a second paper straw when I get my drink and one the first one fails, as they surely do, I just switch to the new straw. Never had a Slurpee long enough to have a second straw fail.
69SHEVL likes this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_LS1 View Post
Never had a Slurpee long enough to have a second straw fail.
FYI> The styrofoam Big Gulp cup keeps it from melting down much better that the clear Slurpee cup.

If you can't get the red plastic Superstraw, you may need a third or fourth paper straw.

Gotta get your $1.99 worth.
shovelrick likes this.

Mike

My

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

MCACN Gold
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 11:58 AM
Team Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post

My dentist recommends drinking tap water. There's flouride in it, but not in bottled water.
71350SS and shovelrick like this.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

How many pounds of straws equal all the plastic used in an automobile?

What about plastic cups?

What about all the cement piping put underground to help direct water which drains out miles of environment resulting in future droughts?

Humans aren't meant to do everything we do.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 19, 4:16 PM
Senior Tech Team

cant stand those paper ones...got teeth that are way too temp senstive so have to use one or just drink it all lukewarm
no ice cream!

When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose
Only upside, living that one now or close. Car, pet thats about it.

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 19, 1:56 AM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post
FYI> The styrofoam Big Gulp cup keeps it from melting down much better that the clear Slurpee cup.

If you can't get the red plastic Superstraw, you may need a third or fourth paper straw.

Gotta get your $1.99 worth.
They outlawed styrofoam here LONG before plastic straws.
hydro462 likes this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 19, 10:33 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/1684768001/
Wouldnt have happened if it was plastic or paper.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 19, 1:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/1684768001/
Wouldnt have happened if it was plastic or paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd66k20 View Post
I carry my own stainless steel straw. No one can complain.
Well, there's one complaint.
fishhead likes this.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 19, 4:08 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Something needs to be done to stop killing the wildlife.
https://oceana.org/our-campaigns/pla...xoC0KIQAvD_BwE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in