Knoxville Tennessee anyone? - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 5:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jesse

Garage
Knoxville Tennessee anyone?

Looking to get the hell out of Illinois. Have a interview at Pepsi Wednesday. We've vacationed in the smokies a couple times and love it. Looks like there is a drag strip and shooting range down there.
BillsCamino likes this.

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 7:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Re: Knoxville Tennessee anyone?

2 1/2 hours east here. Get out in the country a little. Good hunting and fishing, Local people are close enough to being true southerners. Good hospitals close by and plenty of places close by to spend money on, Pigeon Forge if you like tourist attractions, Car shows most every weekend, Smokey Mountains aplenty.
Oh and there is a pretty good zoo, be careful there.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 7:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6426yy View Post
Looking to get the hell out of Illinois. Have a interview at Pepsi Wednesday. We've vacationed in the smokies a couple times and love it. Looks like there is a drag strip and shooting range down there.
That's the nice end of the state. We live on the end with **** on it.

We're looking to get out of here, and while not Knoxville proper, we'll be in the area, probably Johnson City, Bristol, etc.

It's a whole lot better than Illinois
LeoP likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 7:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Boy you do live in the s**t end.
There are places there that even the police won't go.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 19, 8:56 PM
Tech Team
Dale

Please don't bring with you what your moving from. ?Thank Ya'll
bikeron and ACES1 like this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 6:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Jesse

Garage
Won't be bringing any baggage. LOL Southern Illinoisans have no voice in elections or policy making here. It's all the Democrats and Madigan machine of Chicago. Our crooked governor only won a handful of counties.
Thanks for the input guys, hope to be a Volunteer soon.

Jesse
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 9:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

I fled Illinois in 1986, thought it was bad then..........but it continues to get worse......like every other place the Dems run...........
shovelrick likes this.

66 Malibu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 11:04 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by edspdog View Post
2 1/2 hours east here. Get out in the country a little. Good hunting and fishing, Local people are close enough to being true southerners. Good hospitals close by and plenty of places close by to spend money on, Pigeon Forge if you like tourist attractions, Car shows most every weekend, Smokey Mountains aplenty.
Oh and there is a pretty good zoo, be careful there.
I like the Knoxville area. Beautiful there. Just watched a segment on hospital crisis in Tennessee. Many smaller hospitals are closing. Looked like several in the Knoxville area. Maybe not Knoxville proper but in surrounding area.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 11:43 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
I fled Illinois in 1986, thought it was bad then..........but it continues to get worse......like every other place the Dems run...........
It is what it is and they do what they do. I don't blame you for fleeing the nightmare.

'71 chevelle, 468, TH400, 12 bolt posi w/3.08's, drinks a lot of 87 octane.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 3:04 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
Who was that Governor who tried to sell the former presidents' senate seat? Blagovich? Remember he had serious hair, like a stereotypical car salesman from days gone by. Guess he is out of whatever country club federal prison by now. Seriously though, have always liked driving through Illinois, with the exception of the NE corner. Decent roads, good four lane expansion projects (Interstate 72) and beautiful farm country.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 4:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveschevyparts View Post
Who was that Governor who tried to sell the former presidents' senate seat? Blagovich? Remember he had serious hair, like a stereotypical car salesman from days gone by. Guess he is out of whatever country club federal prison by now. Seriously though, have always liked driving through Illinois, with the exception of the NE corner. Decent roads, good four lane expansion projects (Interstate 72) and beautiful farm country.
I lived in the Chicago suburbs, heavy traffic, bad roads, high taxes, bad weather. Seemed like very day I had off I was mowing, it was raining or it was snowing. I got tired of my feet being cold 6 months out of the year. I knew I was moving to Tucson the day I saw it..........there's blue sky here. I can drive my toys 12 months out of the year........
I thought Obama would pardon Blago, don't know if he's out yet or not...........
LeoP likes this.

66 Malibu

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 4:54 PM
Tech Team

Currently live in Sevier county (Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg) but tourist traffic is sometimes a headache and the closer you get to the mountains the harder it is to find a house with a garage. Knoxville had some good areas (West). South Knox is up and coming but watch out for Chapman Highway (a lot of head on wrecks). Knoxville just elected Glenn Jocobs as Mayor (aka: Kane of WWE wrestling) and TN has NO income tax!

Good luck on your interview!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 5:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Mike

Garage

Headed to Oak Ridge (just west of Knoxville) the end of this week for a visit. We have been there once before and really enjoyed the 80% humidity and 95* weather... NOT! But, since I have kids and g-kids there, we will suffer again.
Driving so that my wife can see part of the country via the road, I-40.

Coming back we will visit friends in Nashville and then to Houma, La... then head home to Prescott.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 19, 8:36 PM
Tech Team

Nearest dragstrip is in Maynardville. NE of Knoxville also one in Newport. Seymour had one but now the owners only do oval track racing (used for parking). Glenn was elected Mayor of Knox County (not the city Mayor). Sevierville has two indoor gun ranges that are not far from K-town! ( I donít know about them in Knoxville)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 19, 7:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rick

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6426yy View Post
I have a neighbor who worked for Pepsi.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Quote of the day.
'The difference between trash pick up and a yard sale is the distance the stuff sits from the curb".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 368 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.