in an "accident" and I am pissed... - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 2:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
in an "accident" and I am pissed...

Well, on the way home from work today, I was driving in the #4 lane (#1 Fastlane, #5 slowlane). I was driving my 97 S10 pickup because I needed some miles on it for the upcoming emissions test (replaced an O2 sensor Saturday night)…

Anyway, I am driving 60-65, with the traffic (following about 100-150 feet behind the car in front of me), and this A-hole semi-truck driver comes right up on my rear bumper... I literally did nothing to provoke him ( no brake check, and I even closed the gap slightly in front of me). There were slower cars in the #5 lane. About 2 miles later, a slower car 2-3 cars in front of me, switches from the #4 to the #5 lane, so my lane speeds up to 65-70 mph... By this time, the semi also switched to the #5 lane...

I am now 80-100 feet from the car in front doing 65-70, as the semi starts to pass me on the right... Now, the car in front of the semi is going about the same speed, AND is probably 150+ feet in front of the truck so the truck has room...

As he passes me, I see him flip me off, arm out the window, and then his turn-signal turns on...

Now he has a single trailer, one of those 40-foot shipping containers with a dual trailer axle, but his turn signal that I can see is the front of his truck... I am right next to the trailer, in FRONT of his rear wheels.

I could not change lanes to #3 because of traffic, so I ended up laying on the horn and locking up my brakes as he side-swiped my truck... No accident, he intentionally hit me...

My truck is basically okay, but his trailer wheel/tire scuffed up my front fender and broke the passenger mirror... So no structural damage...

Then he would not pull over, just smiled as I got along side... No license plate or DOT numbers on the cab, just a company name (but using a common last name).

I pulled behind the trailer, and read off that license number to the Highway patrol (I called them when he wouldn't stop)...

The dispatcher told me SEVERALS times, NOT to follow/pursue, just to pull over somewhere safe and wait for the Highway Patrol... As I pulled into a gas station, the truck drove by (ended up taking the same exit as I did)…

Once the CHP arrived, the officer told me that there was no record of the plate number I provided... He said he'd check, but given the common name he didn't think he'd find much. The truck did have a distinctive paint job though...

I had been thinking of buying a dash cam, but doubt I would have had it in that truck anyway, because I rarely drive it...

My truck is kind of beat anyway, paint-wise, and the new mirror only costs about $20 thru Summit (and another 45 minutes of work, as I just replaced it last year).

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 2:19 AM
Clint

Re: in an "accident" and I am pissed...

No camera on your phone, Tony? Damn, that would've infuriated me, too.

Clint Hooper

Sold
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 3:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint44 View Post
No camera on your phone, Tony? Damn, that would've infuriated me, too.
I couldn't take a picture, because I was on the phone with the dispatcher (911)…

I only snapped one picture when he got stuck at the stop light while I had pulled into the gas station... the officer asked if I had pictures, but they revealed no DOT numbers...

Well, at least no major damage...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 3:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

And that's why you need a 50 cal under the hood. Glad you're OK.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 4:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH MAX HEADWORK View Post
And that's why you need a 50 cal under the hood. Glad you're OK.
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B-17E 41-2432 'The Last Straw' 43rd BG, 64th SQ.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	596028  

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 6:56 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brian

Damn that sucks, Tony. At least there was no real damage and you didn't get hurt. No one has any respect for their fellow man anymore.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 8:33 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Thats horrible.

It may have prompted a few .45 ACPs heading his way. the 2nd and 4th rounds in the stack are FMJs for punching through doors.
Clint44 likes this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 8:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

There never is a cop around to witness this type of thing, glad you didn't get hurt, maybe the next guy he does that to will have a 50 cal.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 8:41 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Glad you’re OK Tony!

Mencken: “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 10:46 AM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I'd have taken out a couple of his tires...without a doubt.
Defending an attempt of bodily harm.

Oh, wait. You're in Cali...never mind...
Bow_Tied and Kirk's67SS like this.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 10:59 AM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
There never is a cop around to witness this type of thing, glad you didn't get hurt, maybe the next guy he does that to will have a 50 cal.
I never see cops in traffic. I think those that make their profession on the road know this.
Glad you can tell the story Tony.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 11:15 AM
Tech Team

I would have kept following that MoFo!!!!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 11:34 AM
TKG
Tech Team
Terry

The local Wal-mart had "Cop Cams" in the closeout isle for 22.95. At that price, you could have one in every car.
427L88, Kirk's67SS and shovelrick like this.

TKG
64 Malibu Coupe
283, Fitech
2004r, 4w discs
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 1:34 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
I'd have taken out a couple of his tires...without a doubt.
Defending an attempt of bodily harm.

Oh, wait. You're in Cali...never mind...
they's hang us as terrorists here Bill.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 19, 1:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron

CHP does nothing anymore... sorry to hear about it Tony.

My car is here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in