Sales Tax Now? Ugh! - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 5:32 PM
Tech Team
Chris

Re: Sales Tax Now? Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer4x4 View Post
Other than the percentage, here in PA, it is the same. 6% most of the state, Allegheny County (Pittsburgh)is 7%, and Philly is more. You only pay on the difference. I feel NOTHING used should be taxed, they have already been taxed when first purchased. Or if a vehicle is brought into the state, then tax that.

It's ridiculous to have to pay taxes on anything used. As far as I'm concerned, the tax was paid when the item was purchased new. There have been cases here where cars have changed hands enough times that more has been paid in taxes than the original purchase price of the vehicle. Even if you trade a vehicle with someone else, both parties pay tax on "fair market value" even though no money was exchanged. Straight up cash grab by the government.

1969 Beaumont
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1977 Bronco
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The rest are boring responsible adult vehicles not worth mentioning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 6:11 PM
Senior Tech Team

Just Democrat legislators trying to force as much money oout of taxpayers as they possibly can to pay for their useless garbage. Here in Nevada, new Dem majority in the Legislature, emphasis is on paying "teachers" higher salaries, as if 85K per year isn't enough. Dem's plan, only tax they can manipulate, property taxes, which have been somewhat high in a lot of places. Their idea, to pay for their teacher's raises, increase property taxes on primary dwelling land 4 to 5 times what it is now.

My $880.00 property tax will go to between $3,520.00 and $4,400.00 per year, for teachers firmly imbedded into teaching Common Core Curriculum. Just dandy.
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 6:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeron View Post
The money will go to the pension fund in well-run administrations, and to cigars for the administrators in all others...
More likely to fuel welfare payments for the illegal alien industry.
shovelrick likes this.
post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 6:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltherring View Post
More likely to fuel welfare payments in the illegal alien industry.
Correct; unless it interferes with the cigar fund...

My car is here:

post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 8:12 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stones View Post
ZEN357, you might want to consider some different ammo for your carry. That ball ammo makes small holes. You should check out some Ranger Talons or Federal HST, they both make BIG holes.
They are 147 grain. I'm not worried about making a big hole. I want the bullet to go in and not come out. I can pull the trigger multiple times.
shovelrick likes this.
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 8:55 AM
Tech Team
Chuck

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post

At least China and Mexico will be paying the Tariff (TAX) on my purchases of goods imported from them.
Not how tariffs work. Buyer (in US) pays the tariff, not the seller in China or Mexico. Buyer will pass the extra cost on to their customers (in US).

China and Mexico get hurt by their goods costing the US customers more, so the customers will buy less. Sell less, make less money.
Kirk's67SS likes this.
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 9:10 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
They are 147 grain. I'm not worried about making a big hole. I want the bullet to go in and not come out. I can pull the trigger multiple times.
I tried to send you a private message in order to not hijack this thread but the system said you don't receive PM's.

Your 147 gr ball ammo is much more likely to over penetrate and exit your target. Some form of a hollow point will expand and be more likely to stay in and devastate your target. It's simple physics and biology.

70 LS5 convertible
post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 9:51 AM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Made a $150 order on Amazon for some LS conversion items I need for the Camaro last night.
NO sales tax charged. Strange...
HERodriguezJr likes this.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 10:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Made a $150 order on Amazon for some LS conversion items I need for the Camaro last night.
NO sales tax charged. Strange...
I can't figure out Amazon's tax policy either. Sometimes they tax, sometimes they don't. The rate when they do tax seems to vary as well. Lately they don't charge tax more often than they do.

70 LS5 convertible

Last edited by 12stones; Jun 5th, 19 at 10:42 AM.
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 10:40 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Amazon is not the seller, different sellers from different locations listing their products on Amazon.
Philip, BillsCamino and 12stones like this.

post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 1:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Amazon is not the seller, different sellers from different locations listing their products on Amazon.
When you look at something on Amazon youíll often see the seller is from the ďAmazon Marketplace.Ē Amazon is not the seller in those cases, but just supplies the forum for them to offer their product for sale. Those sellers most often are small enough that they donít collect out of state taxes.
post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 1:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Largest complaint about taxation is that once again we are being taxed without representation. In California I get zero representation from those in Sacramental.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.315 60'
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 5:25 PM
Tech Team
Jason

Bought a $700 dollar non running truck for my son. Title transfer here in Texas they look up estimated value of truck $4600. $379.50 in tax lol they say go get appraisal from a approved appraiser. Cost $300 for appraisal no thanks from a approved appraiser. I’ve bought and sold a few vehicles here so it’s no surprise now.
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 7:36 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasons 69 Chevelle View Post
Bought a $700 dollar non running truck for my son. Title transfer here in Texas they look up estimated value of truck $4600. $379.50 in tax lol they say go get appraisal from a approved appraiser. Cost $300 for appraisal no thanks from a approved appraiser. Iíve bought and sold a few vehicles here so itís no surprise now.
Yeah, same procedure here in Ga.
Doesn't matter what YOU paid...it's based on what THEIR book value is.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 9:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Yeah, same procedure here in Ga.
Doesn't matter what YOU paid...it's based on what THEIR book value is.
Answer is go buy a pos worth $100 and then sell it to the state for their appraised value. That could be a great lawsuit.
Pioneer4x4 likes this.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.315 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in