Grundy Insurance Coverage? for stupidity? - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

16Likes
  • 1 Post By 66dream
  • 2 Post By 72LS3Z27
  • 5 Post By NickeyChevelle
  • 3 Post By DUTCH MAX HEADWORK
  • 1 Post By 69SHEVL
  • 4 Post By Saltherring

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 19, 8:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Grundy Insurance Coverage? for stupidity?

Well like the title says:
I had something in my trunk loose that slammed up against the inside of the rear quarter panel and put 2 small but very aggravating dents in my quarter from the inside out.
my question: is something like this covered?
Also have a crack in my A pillar from my frame twisting (wondering also if any such thing is covered?)
Anyone have any experience with these type of situations?
david_396 likes this.

66 chevelle in the works
Team Chevelle Member #:2361

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In God we Trust! USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 19, 9:35 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Re: Grundy Insurance Coverage? for stupidity?

I would call them about the dents.
I wouldnt mention the crack.
Steve R and MidLife72 like this.

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/TH400

Project-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 19, 11:15 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Location: White Bear Lake, a northeast suburb of St. Paul, MinneSNOWta
Garage

I wouldn't make a claim on either...

Grundy is an independent insurance agency and the more claims they pay out on, the higher the rates the actual insurance companies charge them/us. So if you're driving home from a cruise and get a rock chip, do you make a claim? Sh!t happens and if we force our agents/agencies to cover every little thing we're going to lose our "special" coverage, eh?

Our You Tube Vids:

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 19, 11:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

A good paintless dent guy can fix those dents for less than the deductible in most cases.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 19, 7:49 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

When I cracked up my Nomad, I put in the claim to Grundy.

I expected my rates to go up, but they didn't.

They paid the claim, and told me very nicely to take a hike.
NickeyChevelle likes this.

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 19, 3:55 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickeyChevelle View Post
I wouldn't make a claim on either...

Grundy is an independent insurance agency and the more claims they pay out on, the higher the rates the actual insurance companies charge them/us. So if you're driving home from a cruise and get a rock chip, do you make a claim? Sh!t happens and if we force our agents/agencies to cover every little thing we're going to lose our "special" coverage, eh?
Thats why insurance companies have deductibles, so people dont claim every chip or scratch.

I work in the insurance industry and insurance companies will pay for stupidity, however, you will have to pay your deductible whatever that is and the insurance company will cover the rest.

Mike Smith
72 Chevelle, LS 6.0 LQ9 4l80e
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 19, 4:04 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

There was a guy that was either removing or re-installing a door on his Chevelle and it slipped and gouged the paint.
I was told since the paint couldn't be matched, insurance paid for a complete new paint job, however I don't remember which insurance company it was.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 19, 6:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH MAX HEADWORK View Post
A good paintless dent guy can fix those dents for less than the deductible in most cases.
Those guys are known to be magicians. I had a guy massage three small dents in the drivers front fender of a car recently. He fed his tools forward through the open front door and when he was done 15 minutes later, I'd dare anyone to tell me where those dents were. Given he had to drive more than 1.5 hours just to get here I thought the $170 he charged was more than reasonable. He earned...and received...a generous tip. If anyone in the West Puget Sound wants his name and number, I'll be glad to pass it on, along with my recommendation.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 12:13 PM
Tech Team
Dwight

Had a carburetor fire on my 71 Chevy pickup this spring and damaged the paint on the hood and underhood wiring etc. When I looked at my insurance policy, American Modern I found they had no deductible. I had an estimate done and they sent me a check right away. The service they gave on the claim was second to none. They even told me if more damage was found during the repair to get a hold of them and they would pay for anything we didnt notice in the estimate.

I would say check with your insurance company and see if they have a deductible.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 8:10 PM
Mike

Grundy isnít an insurance carrier, theyíre insurance brokers. Philadelphia Insurance Co. Is the carrier that Grundy represents. I have them & the rates are good. I used to have Hagerty but they didnít much care for my Caterham race car and let me know it with OMG rates. I have 9 cars covered by Grundyís & have max liability coverage. Iíve never put in a claim so theyíre service is still untested, and hopefully will stay that way.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 19, 8:12 PM
Tech Team

I got rid of Grundy when they jacked my rates up for no reason. When I called them the guy said everyone's rates are going up. At the BTT 50's car show I was talking with Condon Skelly and they were 1/2 of what Grungy wanted so I went with them and my son could drive the car where Grundy said no way as he was under 25 at the time. The next year I was talking with the owner of Grundy at the same car show and he stated to me that should not have happened to you, took my name and info down called me at home a week later and offered a spectacular deal but I stayed with Condon Skelly. Heck they even insured my race car.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 9:38 AM
Tech Team
Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltherring View Post
Those guys are known to be magicians. I had a guy massage three small dents in the drivers front fender of a car recently. He fed his tools forward through the open front door and when he was done 15 minutes later, I'd dare anyone to tell me where those dents were. Given he had to drive more than 1.5 hours just to get here I thought the $170 he charged was more than reasonable. He earned...and received...a generous tip. If anyone in the West Puget Sound wants his name and number, I'll be glad to pass it on, along with my recommendation.
PDR removes dents formed from the outside-in, like a hailstone, but not dents from the inside-out, like a cannonball in the trunk.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 11:34 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanski View Post
PDR removes dents formed from the outside-in, like a hailstone, but not dents from the inside-out, like a cannonball in the trunk.
You Tube videos I've watched show PDR techs massaging both inside-out and outside-in dents, but (of course) outside-in are the most common dents. Some minor collisions force metal inward and outward, causing dents to be worked from both sides of a panel.

My small dents were of the outside-in type and were probably quite easy for the tech, who had been doing paintless dent removal for 28 years.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 19, 3:29 PM
Ralph

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltherring View Post
The tools they use tear up the backside of any panel they "massage". Watch out for rust...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in