Mmmmkay so this happened - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 19, 6:05 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: Mmmmkay so this happened

I rented a Polaris Slingshot for 24 hours a couple years ago in Las Vegas. Took my dad for a long trip (200 miles) and I love the feel of open air driving. I bet it is similar to that. Those open sides were totally different than driving a small sports car like the SLK350 I had, no comparison at all.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 19, 7:30 PM
Tech Team
Jason

Twin turbo LS swap 😆
72SS454Chevelle likes this.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 19, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasons 69 Chevelle View Post
Twin turbo LS swap 😆
The 620R has a supercharged Ford Zetec. 620 HP per ton, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds.

I can’t imagine that with an LS in it.
12stones likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 19, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer4x4 View Post
I rented a Polaris Slingshot for 24 hours a couple years ago in Las Vegas. Took my dad for a long trip (200 miles) and I love the feel of open air driving. I bet it is similar to that. Those open sides were totally different than driving a small sports car like the SLK350 I had, no comparison at all.
That one is quite a bit bigger, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 19, 7:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin

Seeing this just reminds me that I need to do something with the TR3A I have in storage. Got this grand dream of dropping a modern drivetrain into it - like one from a Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Redline.
71350SS likes this.

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 19, 8:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

Beyond cool, How of the much the 128hp is still there? My engine builder was doing a Rover 1.4 and it was 303 on his dyno na. It was going in a later Superlight.

Couple of junkers and a few clunkers.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 19, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR71 View Post
Seeing this just reminds me that I need to do something with the TR3A I have in storage. Got this grand dream of dropping a modern drivetrain into it - like one from a Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Redline.
Lots of possibilities - Ecoboost, Honda K-series, turbocharged 2.0 from a Cobalt, etc

Quote:
As usual, Andy is right

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 19, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy's Auto Repair View Post
Beyond cool, How of the much the 128hp is still there? My engine builder was doing a Rover 1.4 and it was 303 on his dyno na. It was going in a later Superlight.
I hope he beefed up the internals or he's going to be very unhappy pretty soon

The car only has 11k miles so I'd say most of them are still there. Some pretty easy/basic mods to the k-series can boost output 20-30 hp, although most of that is concentrated on the later 1.6 and 1.8 versions (although converting from a 1.4 to a 1.6 is as simple as replacing the pistons and cylinder liners, and a 1.8 is a direct swap for the 1.4)). I think some head work to make it flow better and upgrading the engine management system to the post-2000 version should give it around 150 hp. That's about all you can do on a k-series without stronger internals. I think the most they offered in a k-series hp wise was around 156.

and I should point out, the Honda k-series and Rover k-series are two completely different engines.

Quote:
As usual, Andy is right

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Had it out at MIR last week. WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1761.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	596070   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1779.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	596072   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1782.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	596074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1817.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	596076  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1847.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	596078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1849.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	596080  
Pioneer4x4 and 12stones like this.

Quote:
As usual, Andy is right

post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 12:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron

You always seem to be smiling Andy....

My car is here:

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 12:23 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeron View Post
You always seem to be smiling Andy....
Have you ever seen a sad person in a Caterham?

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 1:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Buick 3.8 supercharged V6 (240HP stock)from about a 100K cars that are in the scrapyards because of everything but the engine.Its compact enough to fit but you'll have a hard time finding a manual trans that fits.IDK if an adapter plate is available for that motor.
Would be a blast with a shortened 8.8 explorer disc brake rear (cheap!)and a 5 speed though.
Its fun to dream though.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 2:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Buick 3.8 supercharged V6 (240HP stock)from about a 100K cars that are in the scrapyards because of everything but the engine.Its compact enough to fit but you'll have a hard time finding a manual trans that fits.IDK if an adapter plate is available for that motor.
Would be a blast with a shortened 8.8 explorer disc brake rear (cheap!)and a 5 speed though.
Its fun to dream though.Good Luck with your Caterham,Andy.If you keep on grinning like that you're new nickname will be Jok'r

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 9:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
Its fun to dream though.
The Brunton Stalker base comes with a supercharged 3.8
71350SS likes this.

Quote:
As usual, Andy is right

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 9:09 PM
TKG
Tech Team
Terry

It's not sideways!!! How can you drive something like a 7 and NOT be sideways??
Derek69SS likes this.

TKG
64 Malibu Coupe
283, Fitech
2004r, 4w discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in