Auto transport - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old May 19th, 19, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Auto transport

Just bought a 72 convertible on ebay. Need to ship it from Pa to Ft. Lauderdale. I dont know who to use. The car does not have a top on it and will need a covered transporter. Any one have experience/advice on who i might use? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old May 19th, 19, 7:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Auto transport

Reliable Transport or Exotic Transport have gotten cars safely transported to Southeast Florida for me in the past,

however, there are several companies running up and down the East Coast right now shipping the snowbirds back home.

Also, you might try contacting Mike (704EVER on this site).

He may be heading back down here with an empty trailer.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/60-...y-auction.html

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old May 19th, 19, 7:30 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks. I sent him a message. Hopefully he can help me out.
69SHEVL likes this.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old May 19th, 19, 8:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

You might also try Intercity Lines. They are based out of Warren, MA and routinely travel up and down the east coast. I have used them twice on CA to MA shipments. Pricing was better than other big name shippers fwiw.
Pats70ss and Dkar26 like this.

Dave
USAF Retired (1968-1988)
UTC Aerospace Systems, Space Systems International - Retired (1989-2014)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 1:14 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Tried Intercity, they said they dont do the Pittsburgh area. Also p.m.'d Mike 704ever. Haven't heard back. Reliable is very pricey. Montway had good pirce but mixed reviews. Said they are only brokers. Any thoughts on them? Maybe some others? Thanks guys, appreciate your time.
Mikec1425
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 2:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Horseless Carriage is carrier I see around here a lot, also.

I believe they are out of New Jersey.

How much did Reliable quote?

Mike

My

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

MCACN Gold
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 2:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1425 View Post
Also p.m.'d Mike 704ever.
Ask Danny at Muscle Express in Jupter. (561)744-3043

He and Mike are close, he will have his cell # or maybe even a good carrier.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 3:32 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Ok, thanks!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 3:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Reliable was at $2k.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 3:42 PM
Senior Tech Team
Pat

I had reliable bring my 70SS from Wisconsin to PA in 2016, just looked at my receipt and it was 1300, pricey but they do a really nice job.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 3:44 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Just talked to Danny. Nice guy. Mike however is already in Georgia. Missed opportunity. A Day late and a dollar short. Story if my life!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 3:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1425 View Post
Reliable was at $2k.
That's about what I thought.

You could maybe find it cheaper, but I don't think much cheaper.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 3:48 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

at Mike passing by.
Haven't seen him in a long time..... probably Daytona Turkey Rod Run 5 yrs ago.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 9:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Has anyone used Montway? They have a 5 star rating, but are brokers. They claim all but 2 carriers are brokers. Think they are right?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old May 21st, 19, 7:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eric

I used a broker once. When the car finally showed up it was in a u-haul truck and the guy had 2x12's with cinder blocks to support it as ramps. I just closed my eyes till it was over. Good thing it was a Nash Metropolitan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in