Social Media - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory

Social Media

https://news.yahoo.com/disney-ceo-bo...154325786.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 12:22 AM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Social Media

The extremes, both left and right, run amok on social media. The anonymity provided by the Internet makes people very brave. Iím not sure how many actually believe what they are saying, versus how many are trolling for a reaction. Iím not on social media, but occasionally will read comments to news articles and YouTube videos, itís hard to take these clowns seriously. All I know is Iíve never met anyone in person that is as extreme as many of the respondents. I think both sides are a small fringe minorities whose voices are amplified beyond the amount attention they deserve.

Steve R
langss, oliver69, 69SHEVL and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Steve R; Apr 14th, 19 at 12:27 AM. Reason: V
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 12:33 AM
Tech Team

I stay away from that social stuff, there is too much to do to get all wrapped up in the he said she said junk. The only thing I joined was Pinterest for some ideas how to do things.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 10:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Social media or social disease, which is it?
bikeron and SSJohn like this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 10:36 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Social media is not the problem and Igorís thoughts are not transformative. He is conflating the role of media, rule of law, bad behavior and law breaking. The problems are not as simple as setting and enforcing a governmental standard on social media that will eliminate massacres. And if it was done it would trample the right to free speech.

Check this video out about regulation of hate speech: https://youtu.be/OgGC9EsBUHI

But donít fear, the left is racing their plan to the rescue. https://news.yahoo.com/whats-behind-...090000922.html
bikeron likes this.

Mencken: ďThe whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.Ē
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 11:14 AM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

This site/forum is social media...
dyno jonn likes this.

Your just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 12:33 PM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

Much like our politicians, just a bunch of baseless opinions on hot topics which aren't focused on finding commonality and moving forward. I'll choose to step aside and just go about my business. I see this at work constantly. Guys standing idle running their mouths about any subject other than the one at hand. They all wonder how I get stuff done....blindingly obvious.
Steve R, langss and Proc like this.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 3:52 PM
Senior Tech Team
Lang

Garage

When I was still working, all day long all I would hear is Myspace/Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat, on and on and on. And all the trouble everybody got into for doing that instead of working. Frankly, I get all the "Social" I need from the forums I visit. I don't care who got what from where or when and how many times it happened. I got along just fine for a lot of years not knowing any of this. I don't see how any of the popular "Social Media" would do anything to "Improve" my quality of life, or make anything better for me that I can't just get up off my a$$ and do on my own. So I'm not on any of it....I just don't have that kind of time to waste. This "Forum" is always my first stop to see what is going on, and although I have never personally met any of you, its a wonderful experience to share in the years of Knowledge and Experience, and in some cases, some of the best humor ever. Thanks All......

Ideas are like children: there are none so wonderful as your own.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 7:44 AM
Tech Team
Rich

Exactly.

Social media is nothing better than gossip by the ladies down the street except that a whole crap ton of idiots think it is real ďnewsĒ.
blm, bikeron and p40 like this.

1968 Chevelle Malibu 454, mild cam, 30 over, 12-bolt 3.73 rear
1972 Chevelle Malibu 350, radical cam, 30 over, 10-bolt 3.55 rear
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6L (281), Stock
There are no Ford vs. Chevy wars in my garage. It's all U.S. muscle.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 12:36 PM
Senior Tech Team

It stops at forums.....real life happens when the pc is off. I think people get addicted to that stuff, seen many lose their jobs, personal safety over it. Parents give their kids electronic babysitters then wonder why they cant interact with others face to face.
Know of a few 20-30something yr old who can not speak on the phone it freaks them out. That is mental illness.
BossHogg69 likes this.

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 2:15 PM
Tech Team

I remember social media in the 60's. My mom and all the other women on the party line gabbing with each other gossiping all the time, was fun to listen in on the other phone in the basement. Most of those lady's were nut jobs, kept us kids entertained for hours.
Proc likes this.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 2:21 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Due to the human condition, social media is decidedly ANTI-social.

I have to laugh. Zuck thought he was akin to Jesus with his "app". Naw, Zuck, we're not enlightened creatures and your cute parlor trick wont dent it. In fact, it took us backwards. Count your $$$ and become irrelevant please. Social media focuses on all that crap that doesnt ever matter. I *prefer* to waste my work day here, on AN OLD FASHIONED BB !

Tell your wife you love her on SM. Yeah, thats efn real. And you wonder why WE'RE GOING BACKWARDS.....?
davewho1 and Proc like this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 3:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
This site/forum is social media...
Yeah, but most of us here are normal.
427L88 and Proc like this.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 3:53 PM
Gold Member
Gene

NORMAL in that, we be old school American, and Canadian, and all GOOD CITIZENS, so if we do disagree, there's no hostility. We still try and learn from one another...which hostility crapcans a priori.....Chevelle Tech or Current events....same deal .....unlike out there where everyone has a gun strapped on and aint 'fraid to unass it. In fact, want to unass it every chance they get. Uncultured boors. And that is why we seem to be getting dumber.Instead of learning, we are flocking to "same feathers" , and getting stupid, at least in a mass way. . IMHO, of course.

Remember the user agreement we signed? We'll I've been around since Al and Dot McKenzie, and we had a strict one.

Hey, we aint perfect @TC either. You folks pull some good ol hazing on the OP once in a bit. Well, back in CE where it belongs that is. ( means Cory is being a good rebel is all. Making y'all think about it. Remember, folks used to say we fought for your right to your opinion! Respect that. It goes Two ways. Soon to be my only "line" in the SM world. As no one respects that anymore. )

And you dont get "purgatory" here @ TC often; you mostly just disappear. No jail. Just "heaven". Where's Bigly? Ah, he's a TC 'angel' now....! Keeps the streets much cleaner. Although I miss PDQ's form of crazy ADD; he was mostly entertaining.

Another long "wind-dead" way of saying, I like it here. The fkebook world too often depresses me. No "user agreement" there.

THNX Y'ALL
69SHEVL and Proc like this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!

Last edited by 427L88; Apr 15th, 19 at 4:08 PM.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 9:19 PM
Tech Team
Brian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
NORMAL in that, we be old school American, and Canadian, and all GOOD CITIZENS, so if we do disagree, there's no hostility. We still try and learn from one another...which hostility crapcans a priori.....Chevelle Tech or Current events....same deal .....unlike out there where everyone has a gun strapped on and aint 'fraid to unass it. In fact, want to unass it every chance they get. Uncultured boors. And that is why we seem to be getting dumber.Instead of learning, we are flocking to "same feathers" , and getting stupid, at least in a mass way. . IMHO, of course.

Remember the user agreement we signed? We'll I've been around since Al and Dot McKenzie, and we had a strict one.

Hey, we aint perfect @TC either. You folks pull some good ol hazing on the OP once in a bit. Well, back in CE where it belongs that is. ( means Cory is being a good rebel is all. Making y'all think about it. Remember, folks used to say we fought for your right to your opinion! Respect that. It goes Two ways. Soon to be my only "line" in the SM world. As no one respects that anymore. )

And you dont get "purgatory" here @ TC often; you mostly just disappear. No jail. Just "heaven". Where's Bigly? Ah, he's a TC 'angel' now....! Keeps the streets much cleaner. Although I miss PDQ's form of crazy ADD; he was mostly entertaining.

Another long "wind-dead" way of saying, I like it here. The fkebook world too often depresses me. No "user agreement" there.

THNX Y'ALL

Well said Gene....👍
Proc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in