Taxes - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 3:43 PM
Senior Tech Team
Duke

Re: Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
I think there enough links here to get an accurate reading on where your state ranks which is what the OP was all about.
If your unhappy about your state's ranking, vote with your feet.
That's a real possibility for some and they do so. However, in some cases it's not that simple. At the end of the day, we all need to figure out how to elect folks who will not continue to "give away the store" and I know that will be nearly impossible because people tend to "vote their purse". Not trying to get into a big political discussion here either. The other thing to consider is that every state can/will figure out ways to get "their money" which means some level of taxation on something/may things. It ain't cheap to operate a government. Are we getting what we are paying for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 3:55 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I have no complaints about GA taxes...7% Sales tax, low retirement income tax, and my property tax costs 1/2 of the annual house insurance premium.
Unlike the insane property tax I pay on a house owned in NY...6 times higher and 1/3 the value of our home here.
I'll be buried in GA....
mr 4 speed likes this.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 4:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

California is no where near 12th in taxes. More liberal lies.

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 5:10 PM
Tech Team
Jim

Garage

I'll guarantee you that the reason liberals keep referring to DC as state is not by accident or because they just don't know, its this. The left wants 2 more senators, period. As with everything else, the'y try to convince everyone that this is unjust and should be fixed but it was set-up that way to try to limit political influence in the district. They have been complaining about this for years and the push will be coming again, like reparations. Its even on their license plates.
Attached Images

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 9:46 PM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

I have a solution to end taxation without representation in DC. Take all residential property there and give it to a surrounding state. The only thing that should be in DC is government property. Whatís the freakin point of having people living in DC other than itís there? Iíd wager that DC has the highest concentration of legal aliens in the country. What representation do they need?

The biggest problem facing America today is that lies are so widely accepted as truths.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 10:31 PM
Senior Tech Team

They did have Marion Barry representing them.
Steve R likes this.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 10:46 PM
Tech Team
Greg

It costs money to have and maintain the greatest country in the world, and I am Canadian,a lot of us up here envy a lot of things America has going on. It’s like your Chevelle’s if you don’t spend money to keep it up, pretty soon the everything starts to fall apart. But like everything nobody wants to pay more, very complex problem with no easy answers.

Life is too short for caring about every bodies else's stuff
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 11:30 PM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

I do my own taxes, always have, and always adjust my withholdings so I owe. This year Oregon has a line item to factor in interest on the money you owe.....LOFL!! Not gonna happen big brother.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 2:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cool View Post
I hear this kind of talk on NBC when I listen to see what fake stuff they come up with next.
I have about 28 employees that got back $9000 because they have kids, thats a lot for them.

I normally have to pay in around $7000 but this time it was only $1500.
The new tax law is a big boost to most.
Big difference between tax liability and refund. What you have to pay has nothing to do with tax lability. Child credits remained intact from the 2017 federal tax law.

Do you do your employee's tax returns? I hope not!

New tax law reduced the taxability of many, by increasing the national dept. It did not reduce spending. Its like lets barrow $100, I'll give you $1, and I'll give my self $99.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 4:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin

That map is a total lie! There is NO WAY PA is worse than MD! MD's state income tax is 50% higher than PA with every county tacking on up to 60% the value of the state tax (based on the original state value of 5%) ON TOP! Forbid the thought you live in a "special tax district" as well because you'll be whammied thrice!

Sales tax is the same @ 6%, but PA has way more exceptions to that tax.

Vehicle registration costs are higher in MD. Insurance costs are higher in MD.

The only major thing I see that PA has going against it is property taxes. But even there, it's not like we have it sooooo good here in MD. Property tax rates may not be as high, but property values are out of control in many areas.

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 4:56 PM
Gold Founding Member
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
I have a solution to end taxation without representation in DC. Take all residential property there and give it to a surrounding state. The only thing that should be in DC is government property. Whatís the freakin point of having people living in DC other than itís there? Iíd wager that DC has the highest concentration of legal aliens in the country. What representation do they need?
I believe that at one time half of DC was in Virginia. They took half of it away. If they want a vote they should rejoin Maryland with just the Capital complex as the capital
Alan F likes this.

Bob

69 SS (naw you don't want to see it yet)
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 6:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFmTyler View Post
I believe that at one time half of DC was in Virginia. They took half of it away. If they want a vote they should rejoin Maryland with just the Capital complex as the capital
Maryland doesn't want it back.
Steve R likes this.

2017 SS
1972 El Camino Custom
2005 SSR 6-speed
1999 Silverado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 449 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.