Vietnam Vets - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 19, 11:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Vietnam Vets

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd66k20 View Post
What hostility? If you feel hostile to those who disrespect our CIC that's your opinion and your entitled to it. Just saying, for a guy who never served (CIC) he too has an opinion and I do not respect his opinion towards a war hero.
Let's see the xrays.
It's in the mail, with his tax returns, cancelled checks, and golf score cards.....
boyd66k20, Don B and Todds68 like this.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 19, 12:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

I was drafted in '68, was all set to go to Vietnam, had finished POR School, but instead was part of the Reforger 1 Exercises gearing toward beefing up NATO. I spent my entire two years in the 1st of the 19th Infantry Battalion in the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division out of Ft Riley Kansas.

We were due to go back on Reforger 2, but I was too short.

I managed to make E-5 in just 13 months, mainly because I went TDY to Commo School at Ft Benning and graduated number 1 in the class. They made me a spec 5, later put three stripes on me because I was running the Battalion Commo Dept.

I was not even 21 years old.

One of my best experiences was when I ETSed out, I flew into Hobby Airport in Houston. There was a group of Boy Scouts and Explorers in the terminal, and when I walked by, they all came to attention and saluted me. I had just spent two years in the Army, and was not even 5 years older than some of those boys.
427L88, LeoP, shovelrick and 1 others like this.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 19, 3:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
The CIC is not a veteran. Like any other citizen he must earn respect. Alleging bone spurs to avoid serving in the military does not earn respect.
Our CIC is no different than the those of the 1% who bought their way out of military service since the beginning of this country. They and the draft dodgers who went to Canada will never have my respect.
427L88 and boyd66k20 like this.

Ed

70 El Camino SS 396
68 GTO (Thanks Mom)
06 Silverado
07 SRX
post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 19, 10:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd66k20 View Post
What hostility? If you feel hostile to those who disrespect our CIC that's your opinion and your entitled to it. Just saying, for a guy who never served (CIC) he too has an opinion and I do not respect his opinion towards a war hero.
Let's see the xrays.
"War hero"? Was he really?
McCain imho wouldn't have made a pimple on Donald Trump's ass.
DeLong1, 69SHEVL and p40 like this.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.315 60'
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 19, 10:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I have zero disregard for those who did not serve, They have to live with their choice. Kerry served but certainly did more harm to American soldiers than any draft evader ever did.
LeoP, DeLong1 and 69SHEVL like this.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.315 60'
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 7:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
The CIC is not a veteran. Like any other citizen he must earn respect. Alleging bone spurs to avoid serving in the military does not earn respect.
He got enough respect to become and remain President of the United States.
Stokerboats and p40 like this.

Mike

My

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

MCACN Gold
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 8:48 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

John Fogerty had it right.
427L88, redrocket1953 and p40 like this.
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 9:18 AM
Tech Team
grr

I came home in Feb of 71. While I still have a couple of sets of fatigues with the original patches on them, I never, ever wear anything in public. I remember coming home and couldn't wait until my hair grew out so no one knew I had been in the Army.

A few guys from my scout company recently called me. I only remember 3 or 4 people from that time and only remember two of those guys well because we always hung out together. I don't remember much about going on patrol or any of that nonsense anymore. I can only remember very tiny snipits of time, like sliding down a rice paddy dike and falling into the muck. Anyone who's been there knows what that muck consists of. I am glad all of that has faded away.....

Anyway, I will be meeting up with one of the guys this month. Haven't seen him since about Christmas of 70...

grr
427L88, 69SHEVL and Don B like this.

grr
Build Thread

post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 9:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B View Post
John Fogerty had it right.
So did Edwin Starr.
p40 likes this.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 11:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokerboats View Post
... wouldn't have made a pimple on Donald Trump's ass.

Frequently expressed by supporters whose lips are not unfamiliar with his posterior anatomy
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 11:30 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post
He got enough respect to become and remain President of the United States.

36% approval rating on most polls.
boyd66k20 likes this.
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 12:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
What do you think YOUR approval rating is around here?
p40 likes this.

Mike

My

MCACN Gold
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 12:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post
What do you think YOUR approval rating is around here?

It is irrelevant to the discussion.
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 2:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Looks more like mid 40's
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/
ACES1 and 69SHEVL like this.

70 LS5 convertible
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 3:09 PM
Tech Team
Craig

Quote:
Frequently expressed by supporters whose lips are not unfamiliar with his posterior anatomy
I don't post much but had to reply to this..........What elevated McCain to hero status???.....Was it that he graduated annapolis fifth from the bottom of 400 cadets...or was it he trashed three planes due to incompentence before he his stint on the Forrestal in July 67 where over 130 men died due to his smart-ass-ness and then was the only man helicoptered off because the other men wanted his hide (he said he "wanted to get right back in the fight" was why he left. Then maybe it was being shot down over North Vietnam, again hot-dogging and flying at a lower altitude than he was supposed to be. Then, in the Hanoi Hilton there are questionable reports as to his status there. Maybe he was a hero because he wanted to be Pres. so bad in the late '80s that he sold his soul to Charles Keating as part of a bunch of Senators who defrauded the savings & loan institutions and cost the taxpayers millions known as the" Keating Five" scandel. There is one other reason he could be a hero............Daddy and GrandPa were both 4 star Admirals' who had a bunch of power in Washington and could formulate a white-washed government report to enhance his career.

Thank God for Trump, C.M. DeLong Sgt. USMC 1969-1973 Vietnam Vet
1966 Chevelle 427
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_Pic0006.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	590454  
ACES1, 69SHEVL and p40 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in