Team Chevelle banner

Heroes: Who were yours as a child?

4K views 60 replies 47 participants last post by  BlueSS454 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#39 ·
Re: Hero': Who were your's as a child?

Very cool! Looks like a Hacker Craft?

I was a Chris Craft, my uncle owned it. My dad and cousin put a new engine in it, they put a 365/327 in it because I remember them adjusting the valves with a feeler gauge but I'm not sure. I remember it sitting at the dock with a lumpy idle and the water was going in and out of the pipes, it was so cool! My dad used to let me steer it. I was 5 when this was taken. My cousin was a gear head and always had Chevys. My dad was a gear head from the Flat head era..

Those people from the Depression/WW2 era were so special.. They were the so compassionate and loving while being tough enough to hand you your rear end at a moments notice, I think the war did that to them.. Rich or poor they were all like that too!

#53 ·
I think it was either Phil or Tony Esposito playing for Boston, when he was smiling for the camera with missing front teeth. Back when goalies caught it in the teeth.

One hero when I was a kid was the TT motorcycle racer Mike Hailwood. Actually later in the early 1980s Mike was in a serious accident in which he knew somebody was not going to make it, he turned the car so he took the hit, saving his daughter's life.

#54 ·
I think it was either Phil or Tony Esposito playing for Boston, when he was smiling for the camera with missing front teeth. Back when goalies caught it in the teeth.

That would have been Phil with the missing teeth, but Tony was the goalie and Phil played center. Orr racked up a lot of assists by feeding Phil in the slot (his office).

#56 ·
My older cousin Lowell Rorrer, My father was a hopeless alcoholic, My cousin was more like a father to me than my actual father. Lowell is the one that got me into cars, taught me about life, convinced me to stay in school and was always there for me. I looked up to him every day. When he died a few years ago I was totally heartbroken.

#57 ·
My hero was my grandpa he was the hardest working, kindest, fairest man I ever knew . He's the reason I turned out OK. He wasn't afraid of hard work or a challenge or anyone and he was only about 5'10'' 170lbs he was an an old school Marine and was proud of it . Everything I know about being a decent husband, father, and, man I learned from him . DAMN I REALLY MISS HIM

#59 ·
Not mine, but my grandfathers, he thought that John Wayne was 10 feet tall. He had a large picture of the Duke next to the pic of FDR (my grandfather worked 43 years in the coal mines) On his deathbed, on oxygen and weighing under 100 pounds from black lung, he would have gotten up to whip the ass of ANYONE who spoke ill of either man!

#60 ·
My Dad. He survived WW2. Could build anything from the barn and granary at home to a mounted bean planter when there were very few around. We worked hard, but he rewarded us with with go-karts, three wheelers, and our first cars. Oldest brother got a '63 Nova which dad transplanted a 327 into. Next brother got a 1965 Chevelle. Another brother got a 1971 Chevelle SS. Then next oldest got a 1968 Torino. Lastly I got a one owner 1967 Chevelle with a 327 and a Saginaw 4 speed that he paid $400.00 for after the dealer agreed to fix some door dings and repaint the sides of the car!!

Reactions: davewho1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.