Tamraz's New Years Sale - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pete 67

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 6:05 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brian

Garage
Tamraz's New Years Sale

Ordered a new hood during the New Years day sale 50% off and free shipping...almost seemed to good to be true. It was got a email today with a total refund no explanation just a refund. I'm curious if anyone else got the same thing or if they honored the sale and delivered the goods.

Thanks Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 6:33 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage
My bumper was delivered. Havent played with it much, but it looks good.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 6:51 PM
Tech Team
KEITH

2 weeks after a tractor trailer showed up. My entire order came except a set of tail lights. People on the camaro site are saying they got refunds. I think if it was in stock they honoured it. Back ordered they just cancelled the order.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 7:35 PM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

Garage
Re: Tamraz's New Years Sale

That's weird, probably screwed with a lot of peoples build schedules. I hope that isn't their usual MO

Ron
'87 Camaro IROC-Z L98
'69 300 Deluxe SS396

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founding member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 7:36 PM
Tech Team
Buddy

Got my core support in a week. I do remember them saying if they had to back order it you would get a refund.
Bummer.

268Caminos
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 7:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brian

Garage

It's good to hear some at least got there stuff. I'm sure mine would have been drop shipped from glasstek probably why I didn't get it...would have been a killer deal oh well
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 9:46 PM
Senior Tech Team

I got 3 of 4 items I ordered, and got a refund for the part they didn’t have in-stock. I guess I can’t complain too much, but it would have been nice if they only had parts in stock available for order under the New Years deal. Refund was processed OK, and they were good to deal with when I called about it, so this wouldn’t stop me from doing business with them again.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 11:59 PM
Senior Tech Team
Dan

That place actually had something in stock?
I believe the that's their game...
Never again for me

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 1:29 AM
Senior Tech Team

I scored actually. I ordered $800 worth of parts for my wagon & it cost me $400 with free shipping. Trim Parts door handles & headliner side trim...A chrome dual snorkel L79 air cleaner unit & a bunch of rubber parts, etc.

5 days later, 3 large boxes showed up at my door. My order was complete except for a set of Trim Parts tailgate escutcheons that cost $12.

I made one call & never heard back from them, so I was content to chalk it up as a sunk cost. Today outta the blue, I was refunded the $12. I hope they have another one of those sales!
davewho1 likes this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 5:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Garage

I shop a lot on e-Bay and when I see there ads, I know it exists and I can get it for less somewhere else..
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 7:10 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN BCK View Post
Never again for me
it would have been nice if they had a disclaimer that said " only in stock items" that probably would have some like myself the grief of ordering in the first place and waiting a month and a half to find out....... Sorry

Brian

66 chevelle
New Combo
10.2 comp
Straub ProMaxx heads
Straub solid roller
TH400/373
3815lbs
1.31 60'
[email protected]
[email protected]

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 7:33 AM
Tech Team
KEITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by B433 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN BCK View Post
Never again for me
it would have been nice if they had a disclaimer that said " only in stock items" that probably would have some like myself the grief of ordering in the first place and waiting a month and a half to find out....... Sorry

Brian
Yes and dealing with that horrible website.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 11:15 AM
Senior Tech Team

It's too bad they've gained this (well earned) bad rep over the past 10-15 years. Before the web exploded & before they became basically just an eBay store with almost zero human interaction, they actually had good customer service. Mark & Gina (his wife) used to answer the phones, take orders, know what was in stock, etc.

In in the long run, they're in this to make money & this is the route they chose; profits over everything else. Hard to blame them when they're obviously cleaning up, but they clearly don't care about their customers.

I hadn't bought anything from them since the late 90's but did so in this instance solely to take advantage of a huge cost savings. Unless they run this special regularly, I'll stick to buying parts from suppliers who actually answer the phone & can reply to my questions personally.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 9:02 PM
Tech Team

I ordered 70 fenders and received a 65 quarter panel. Fenders came a week later along with my inner fenders. Packaging was terrible and they were scratched bad and 1 dent. I called and the guy said” I assume your doing bodywork and paint, so what’s the big deal?”! I’ll never order from them again.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 19, 2:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
brent

I was what I thought too good to be true. I picked up a 1966 AMD rear bumper, dropped shipped with no issues. They also compare different manufactures and he will tell you which one is a little better than the others. Also, since he carries both, doesn't really matter which one you buy.
I also have bought other things from him in the past, great seller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in