Bourbon Drinkers ? - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 4:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

Bourbon Drinkers ?

It's something I got into 6 or 7 yrs back and like everything else I do, it's go big or go home.
I stopped drinking beer as the bloating feeling it was giving me seem to get worse and worse as I grew older, while at my brother in laws he got me to try some bourbons he had, mind you it wasn't the bottom shelf bourbon either, it was so smooth I couldn't believe it was whiskey.

Needless to say now I'm fighting for storage space throughout the house, some of these Bourbons if you don't grab them when you see them, you may be hard pressed to find them again.

This has become one of my favorites.

66SSFan and davewho1 like this.

Seb (Seeb)
TC #2794

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 5:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Re: Bourbon Drinkers ?

Don't drink.....Sorry!!

67 chevelle malibu / SS/ custom

Currently undergoing a metal work to remove all rust, if I ever get there.

Cant decide on prostreet or cruiser with a 4 speed.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 5:13 PM
Senior Tech Team

Seb,

Nice to see you around these parts.

Not a huge bourbon fan myself, but on the rare occassion when I do drink whiskey, I prefer Rye.

I am little bit of a wine snob, however.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 5:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

LOL, no reason to be sorry....this threads just not for you then.
Personally not a big drinker either, don't touch it during the week, usually just a Friday or Saturday night thing, depending on the weekend plans of course , because when I do crack open a bottle..........
Kirk's67SS and 12stones like this.

Seb (Seeb)
TC #2794

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 5:17 PM
Gold Member

Back when I would take a bit of bourbon, I thought that Blanton's was fairly good stuff. Have not had any in years.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 5:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete 67 View Post
Seb,

Nice to see you around these parts.

Not a huge bourbon fan myself, but on the rare occassion when I do drink whiskey, I prefer Rye.

I am little bit of a wine snob, however.

Good to be back here and I swear....it has nothing to do with the Pats in their 3rd straight Superbowl or 4 out of the last 5, with 3 more rings for Tom and remembering all the haters/ doubters here.
It was that POP that I posted about that got me back here, but back on topic...my wife has become a fan of the Whiskey, my mistake was getting some for her to try so that I could hoard my bourbons, turns out the good Rye's are more $$$ than my good bourbons.
Kirk's67SS likes this.

Seb (Seeb)
TC #2794

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 6:03 PM
Team Member
Kevin

I pretty much stick with Jim Beam. I got my bro in law law a bottle of Larceny 92 proof for christmas, it was nice. He got me a bottle of Woodford Reserve small batch. I didn't like it (but I drank it). But I'm not an expert, just like what I like.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 12:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Last time I was drunk was 1958. Jim Beam put me in the Hosp. for a few days. That was 61 years ago. Life has been fine with out any , " Adult Beverages ".................
Bob
LeoP, SebJr and davewho1 like this.

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 12:36 AM
Tech Team
Rich

I didn't drink at all for about 25 years and few years back my wife told me I should relax and have a drink once in a while. I have a glass of Bourbon on weekends . I have been trying different brands but mostly inexpensive brands. I like Wild Turkey 101 a lot. I used to really like the Costco Kirkland brand of Bourbon but bought some a month or so ago and did not taste the same. Found out they changed it and now it is " Tennessee" bourbon where it used to be Kentucky bourbon. 4 Roses is not bad. Have had Buffalo Trace, not bad. I like Makers Mark quite a bit. Jim Beam also.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 1:28 AM
Tech Team

Garage

Michter's 10 year is one of my favorites as well. I hear you on storage space. I currently have about 100 unopened bottles at least in my "bourbon bunker" with about 20-30 more open bottles. Love bourbon, scotch, and ryes. I think my favorite bourbon to date is the AY50. Wish I had more bottles of it stored away.
SebJr likes this.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 10:37 AM
Tech Team
Mike

look at my signature... no shortage of alcohol at my place. I have people giving me stuff to try out. I end up giving most to friends.

15 years in Craft Brewing/ Distilling Industry
Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Submarine Service SSN 575 / SSN 683

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 12:22 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Pure American whiskey, aka Bourbon, has been my favorite since my youth. Its really cool to see all the different ones out today. Man! As short as 10 yrs back, it was Beam or what they drank at the KY gov's mansion, Makers. Two years ago my Scottish Canadian bud framer gets some "Bullitt" for us at the NOCC show. That stuff is almost like brandy! A Scotsman showing the yank what good bourbon is, ironic!

The last recommedation I got from a bartender was this one...lots of marketing schtick, I dont know if its any good...( I drink whiskey like once a month - so a bottle lasts years ) https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/.../#.XGWjmlVKiUk

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreamin3 View Post
Michter's 10 year is one of my favorites as well. I hear you on storage space. I currently have about 100 unopened bottles at least in my "bourbon bunker" with about 20-30 more open bottles. Love bourbon, scotch, and ryes. I think my favorite bourbon to date is the AY50. Wish I had more bottles of it stored away.

Ahha !!!knew there had to be some here....this is a single day shopping grab!!

this is my Michters upper shelf, the regular Michters didn't make the cut for these pic's lol

rolandska and davewho1 like this.

Seb (Seeb)
TC #2794

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
Pure American whiskey, aka Bourbon, has been my favorite since my youth. Its really cool to see all the different ones out today. Man! As short as 10 yrs back, it was Beam or what they drank at the KY gov's mansion, Makers. Two years ago my Scottish Canadian bud framer gets some "Bullitt" for us at the NOCC show. That stuff is almost like brandy! A Scotsman showing the yank what good bourbon is, ironic!

The last recommedation I got from a bartender was this one...lots of marketing schtick, I dont know if its any good...( I drink whiskey like once a month - so a bottle lasts years ) https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/.../#.XGWjmlVKiUk

Basils is good, it's what I drink if out at a bar and they have it...usually the best at a regular bar is a Woodford, obviously not talking about whiskey bars.
427L88 likes this.

Seb (Seeb)
TC #2794

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 8:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1
Talking Re: Bourbon Drinkers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebJr View Post
Ahha !!!knew there had to be some here....this is a single day shopping grab!!

this is my Michters upper shelf, the regular Michters didn't make the cut for these pic's lol
What - no Old Crow?
SebJr likes this.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 476 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.