ebay - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By X-77keith
  • 1 Post By dyno jonn
  • 2 Post By hessz24

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 8:06 PM Thread Starter
p40
Tech Team
butch

Garage
ebay

hi all, has anybody on here been on ebay recently, i was going to order some parts on ebay , i hit buy now and the want credit or debit card , i always did paypal has anyone ran across this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 8:19 PM
Tech Team
KEITH

I bought last week with PayPal, but 2 weeks ago I did get what you are describing. It is a seller thing, and not across the board.
p40 likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 8:20 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jon N.

Re: ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40 View Post

hi all, has anybody on here been on ebay recently, i was going to order some parts on ebay , i hit buy now and the want credit or debit card , i always did paypal has anyone ran across this ?

Hit the refresh button after it asks what type of payment if it doesn't offer paypal. The paypal button will come up then.
p40 likes this.

Jon N.

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.

BIGOT is a word used by people that can't use logical reasoning to prove that you are wrong when you don't agree with them.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 19, 10:43 AM
Tech Team

I just had the same thing happen. Then I looked close, it said this seller was not set up to take Paypal, found different seller, and it worked. First time I had this happen.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 19, 10:50 AM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

I was under the impression that every seller had to have Pay Pal?? I remember that being one of the first things I had to set up.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 19, 10:55 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAT View Post
I was under the impression that every seller had to have Pay Pal?? I remember that being one of the first things I had to set up.
Unfortunately no , I buy and sell on eBay and I run across it all the time a lot of people do not accept it only credit cards. PayPal and eBay are not together anymore they went their separate ways. Last I read eBay was looking into another merchant to partner with.
Steve R and p40 like this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 19, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
p40
Tech Team
butch

Garage

wonder why ebay and paypal parted ways , well there is amazon
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 19, 11:30 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

eBay is implementing their own payment system with a company called Adyen (foreign company). The guy that I do eBay stuff for opted in to it when it went live, but we opted out a couple of weeks later (no control over the money, like when to send it to the bank, or even the ability to issue partial/full refunds to customers if a problem arises). It is a horrible payment system and I believe that sellers who are using it are regretting it. It created too many hassles for us and would only save us about $600 per year over Paypal.

So, you will see some sellers on eBay that will not accept Paypal. Eventually Paypal may not even be accepted on eBay at all. If that happens, we are going to be looking for an alternative to eBay (we are having a website built right now, but will need something to supplement that).

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 19, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
p40
Tech Team
butch

Garage

thanks brian for the info, as soon as u said foreign country took over that threw up a red flag for me, no thanks. ebay will lose a lot of peoples business me for one ive been with them for 19 years oh well nothing last forever , think ill give amazon a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in