Automotive TV programming - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 19, 11:08 PM
Senior Tech Team

Garage
Re: Automotive TV programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hoon View Post
Live Love Wrench anyone???
Hell yeah! I just discovered this about a month ago. I "love" seeing them actually wrenching on a project from start to finish. She does half the work too. Much like the old shade tree mechanic show back in the day. I am in love with that chick and her 80's haircut. I want her!

'69 Malibu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 8:10 AM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big James 4XL View Post
I saw a new show with Courtney Hanson that's similar to overhaulin. I've always been a fan of hers so I will be watching it for sure.

https://www.roylgarage.com/?fbclid=I...23cailWR0RhZbU
Thanks for bringing that forward. I respect Troy Ladd’s work. The name of the show is “The Ride That Got Away”. I had to really search to figure out where and when it was on. It’s on FYI network which I don’t watch and isn’t in my favorite channels. It’s on Sat nights at 9 here. Appears there’s only 4 episodes so far. It seems like an expensive concept to search for and recreate someone’s dream car. I hope it’s well funded.

PS they’re taking submissions on the website.

The biggest problem facing America today is that lies are so widely accepted as truths.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 8:12 AM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Quote:
Live Love Wrench anyone???
Its ok for a change. Fairly informative but they are by no means professionals. I guess the main reason I watch it is Emily
Must admit my fav show is Iron Resurrection
Emily likes to make her shirts extra tight and revealing. She’s the life of that party.

The biggest problem facing America today is that lies are so widely accepted as truths.
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 9:41 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Well no sense in giving my favorite show as almost all have at least some fake drama/timeline/results but can give some favorite catagories.

Best Looking Cars - Graveyard Carz

Best Looking Car Chick- Don't know her name but wife of the owner on Texas Metal. At least I think that is what the show is called. That blonde is smoking hot.

Most Gaudy Paint Jobs- Overhauling, Foose is certainly talented but does every car have to be Tri colored or pin striped

Most Fake Drama- Fantom works

Biggest Di#*head- Dwyane (Forman) on American Hot Rod, Closely followed by Boyd.

Anyone else?
71350SS and 69SS454 like this.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 10:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSuper Dave View Post
Big James!!! I saw a red '72 El Camino at a show near Dallas this past summer, and it really rang a bell with me. The B&M trans controller under the dash did it, I asked the owner how long it had been since he bought James D's car! Freaked him out that I knew it. But he freaked ME out when he pulled a old, dried out Don Diego from the console and said he found it there after he bought the car, and left it in place!
I still look back fondly at the car show in Beaufort that you, Kevin D and I attended in I think, 2002. It was hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell that day!
Hope you are well, my friend.
Good times for sure my friend! And that was a killer hot day down in Beaufort for sure. Haven't heard from Kevin lately but we do keep in touch.

Ol Paint's owner has taken good care of it, I don't think he realized just how well traveled my old elky was, he's had several people tell him they recognized it. He does know that it's a great driver and he's even outrun some mustangs with it at the strip. It needs a bigger carb and fuel line to really run though, I tuned for fuel mileage with a that little 750 Holley.

I'm doing well, retired and taking it easy. I going to sell my Harley and maybe get another Chevelle or elky.

ACES member# 5093
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Now livin large with a new owner in Texas
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 11:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

I see no loss with Fantomworks. He’s a douche and his work sucks. I wouldn’t let him restore a bicycle.
I like Dave Kindig and Graveyard Carz. Mark Workman isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but the last couple seasons have gotten better with more focus. On the cars.
I more watch programming on Motor Trend on Demand. Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Hot Rod Garage, Dirt Everyday.
It’s well worth the $50/year to subscribe. Plus most of the shows on discovery and MotorTrend Channel are on there with no commercials.
71350SS likes this.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Best ET: [email protected] MPH

post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 11:09 AM
Tech Team
KEITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Well no sense in giving my favorite show as almost all have at least some fake drama/timeline/results but can give some favorite catagories.

Best Looking Car Chick- Don't know her name but wife of the owner on Texas Metal. At least I think that is what the show is called. That blonde is smoking hot.

Most Gaudy Paint Jobs- Overhauling, Foose is certainly talented but does every car have to be Tri colored or pin striped

Biggest Di#*head- Dwyane (Forman) on American Hot Rod, Closely followed by Boyd.

Anyone else?
I agree with all except the most gaudy paint jobs. I give that award to Counts Kustoms. Please let the 70's rest in peace. I do have a thing for Courtney as well.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 1:07 PM
Tech Team
Glen

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSS454 View Post
I see no loss with Fantomworks. He’s a douche and his work sucks. I wouldn’t let him restore a bicycle.
I like Dave Kindig and Graveyard Carz. Mark Workman isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but the last couple seasons have gotten better with more focus. On the cars.
I more watch programming on Motor Trend on Demand. Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Hot Rod Garage, Dirt Everyday.
It’s well worth the $50/year to subscribe. Plus most of the shows on discovery and MotorTrend Channel are on there with no commercials.
this is all I watch anymore. Motor trend on demand has so many shows it's ridiculous.

1968 Chevelle
468 Big Block
Muncie M20 4 Speed
12 Bolt Posi 3.31:1 Gears
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 1:13 PM
Tech Team
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post

Anyone else?

Yes I like their cars.Everything isn't slammed to the ground and has ridiculously big wheels.

I think you may be referring to Amanda on Iron Resurection…..

Whats with the " famous Foose fade? " Plus I like my door handles,mirrors and emblems

Must admit I sometimes have the same reaction as Dan when I find some of the things on my cars.

Yep
71350SS likes this.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 3:20 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:

Yes that's the one.
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 3:54 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bill

Garage

I really like the Road Kill shows. It is just fun to watch them pull a boat to the lake, pull the engine out of the truck, put it in the boat, and spend the day in the boat. They always prove that when you cut corners, you end up broke down on the road somewhere.
von and glend123 like this.

1969 Sport Coupe SS Tribute Cortez Silver 454 400TH
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 19, 4:01 PM

if I have to watch another segment on the dustless blaster I will lose it. the first season of dream car garage were great, was all about the restoration at first.
Alan F likes this.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 19, 8:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Quote:

It would be very difficult to keep your mind on business when she goes along to look at another project.....

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 19, 4:44 PM
Tobias

My personal favorite is the Menards Chevy Show when I can find it, usually Sunday mornings on what used to be Velocity channel.
My current favorite is Iron Resurrection along with Garage Squad.
71350SS likes this.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 19, 8:57 PM
Tech Team
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadose70 View Post
if I have to watch another segment on the dustless blaster I will lose it. the first season of dream car garage were great, was all about the restoration at first.

I think just about all the Dream Car Garage episodes where good. Peter's segments where always packed with information in a clear and concise format. Most individual segments on their shows had more content the hour long bozo antic filled show of today.

See for yourself...
https://www.youtube.com/user/Legenda...&sort=p&view=0

300 Deluxe
71350SS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 524 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.