Shipped a Bench Seat - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

7Likes
  • 7 Post By shovelrick

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 19, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Shipped a Bench Seat

I shipped a bench seat through Greyhound Package Express from Tampa Fl. to Las Vegas and it don't seem to bad on price for guys looking for a decent price shipping, the base of the seat was 51" long x 26" wide x 13" tall and weighed 58 lbs with cardboard wrapped around it, the seat backs I put together and wrapped in cardboard 32" x 32" x 14" at 54 lbs for a total of 112 lbs. for a cost of $164.65 after the old fart discount lol, just thought Id post this for anyone looking for a way to reasonably ship something
measurements were after the seats were wrapped in cardboard
Steve R, RAMBO, Bow_Tied and 4 others like this.

Last edited by shovelrick; Jan 8th, 19 at 11:39 PM. Reason: added text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 19, 4:46 PM
Tech Team

Re: Shipped a Bench Seat

Greyhound has a nominal 100lb package limit. They really don't seem to enforce it though. Guess they don't want drivers throwing out their backs pulling it in and out of the belly of the bus. Have used them (Greyhound) for over 15 years. Close to 200 shipments easy by now. Just occasional use. Never lost a package. Although once a pair of doors got tied up in Memphis, that station is a bottle neck apparently.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 19, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Well now it looks like Dallas is a bottle neck, the guy that was at the Tampa location told me he was going to try to avoid it going there well it went to cinci for whatever reason now in Dallas

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 19, 6:28 AM
Team Member
Jim

Lightbulb Re: Shipped a Bench Seat

Fastenal store to store might be a better choice.

Jim
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 19, 4:19 PM
Tech Team

Fastenal is not available everywhere. The store here (las cruces) apparently doesn't want to get involved in third party shipping. Part of me says can't blame them. The arguing, quibbling, nonpayment, hand wringing, etc. It is available (fastenal shipping) though in tiny Roswell, though, 200 miles east.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 19, 5:54 PM
Tech Team
Red

Greyhound is becoming very rare up here in the great white north. They quit running to my small town over two years ago and the closest city to me shut down operations and closed the bus depot a couple of months ago. I don't think Greyhound as a company is going to be around to much longer.

Sometimes a man's got to do what a woman would never consider.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 19, 7:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Maybe with deals on airline tickets it's hurting Greyhound, in '78 I road Amtrak to go to Jacksonville Fl. (beautiful ride) for the army physical then the next day got a not-nice ride home on Greyhounds most cramped bus to Sea World for a change to another cramped Ghound back to st pete lol, but you can actually see the country riding a bus or train, come to think about it the local Amtrak station closed many years ago here in St. Pete. Fl., I didn't know Fastenal offers shipping they're really close to me, I had to go across the bay for Greyhound Express as the local station doesn't do shipping

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 19, 7:45 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Redneck View Post
Greyhound is becoming very rare up here in the great white north. They quit running to my small town over two years ago and the closest city to me shut down operations and closed the bus depot a couple of months ago. I don't think Greyhound as a company is going to be around to much longer.
They seem to be doing well down here. New buses, frequent stops at the gas station here, locally, which is the station. Most buses seem to be more than half full. Maybe it is the demographics or the proximity to the southern border. Going to assume most up north have higher incomes on average than down here. So less need or demand for a bus line.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 19, 9:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexguy View Post
Fastenal is not available everywhere. The store here (las cruces) apparently doesn't want to get involved in third party shipping. Part of me says can't blame them. The arguing, quibbling, nonpayment, hand wringing, etc. It is available (fastenal shipping) though in tiny Roswell, though, 200 miles east.
Can't they just teleport the parts out of that place ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in