Your other hobbies besides Chevelles? - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 3:23 PM

Re: Your other hobbies besides Chevelles?

Besides my El Camino, my other hobbies are my custom 2011 Street Glide/Hannigan Transformer trike conversion w/IRS and my firearms. The Street Glide was converted by Hannigan Motorsports in July 2015, at their facility in Murray,KY. H-D only produced 175 bikes in its color combo, Psychedelic Purple/Vivid Black, and Hannigan was able to match it, perfectly. Some of the numerous mods are the billet Intro Rockman 17x7 rear wheels w/Michelin Pilot Sport 205's, forged Reaper 18x3.5 front wheel and matching brake rotors from H-D Customs, Vance & Hines Power Dual headpipes and Monster Round 4.5" mufflers, custom seat from Corbin, H-D Custom Auxiliary front lights, 2015 Rushmore air cleaner (black powdercoat), Ness billet shifter, brake lever, shift rod,and dash, 4" SMT Machine billet brake and shift pegs, H-D Streamliner running boards front & rear w/DK Custom extensions, Dynojet Powervision engine tuner,etc. Lots more planned for it but the Elco has been a bigger priority, since its purchase. Have been riding and building custom/modified bikes, and now trikes, for over 50yrs.

During the cold months, I shoot and build custom firearms. Have been working on an AR pistol build with Aero Precision M4E1 receivers, Ballistic Advantage 7.5" stainless barrel in .300BKO, Law Tactical folder, SBA3 brace, LaRue trigger, SLR titanium linear compensator, 7" STNGR M-Lok handguards, Toolcraft BCG, Magpul grip and BUIS,etc. After I finish putting it together later, I have plans to finish building my Marlin 336Y lever into a nice bush rifle.

Here's a few pics of our trike, right after completion in July 2015

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 3:56 PM
Tech Team
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Paradigm speakers? I have a pair of Model 7s that were from the first batch made when the company was started by an ex-PSB employee in 1982. I also have a Yamaha amp & pre-amp with a parametric equalizer. The amp weighs a good 40 pounds. I love that old audiophile stuff.
Those aren't the only Paradigms I've got. I run a 30 watt Technics receiver on my desk for the putor and I have a pair of Paradigm Atoms that I refoamed hooked up to it,pretty good sounding for tiny little things. I think I'll end up flipping the 7SE's, They just don't sound better to my ears than my Luxmans and they bring a good buck in these parts +I got em cheap=Green fee money.

P.S. Cam my Luxmans were designed by Paul Barton of PSB before he went out on his own. Do you know what the S in PSB stands for?

Sometimes a man's got to do what a woman would never consider.
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 3:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

My main hobby is Benchrest Shooting. I shoot National Bench Rest Shooters Association Matches, NBRSA, both Score and Group. The distance s are 100-200 and 300 yards. I have been shooting completion for about 25 years.

I build my own Rifles.

In Group Shooting, you shoot 5 sot groups, (10 shots in Unlimited). The groups are measured center to center of the farther its two holes. The average measurement of five groups in thousandths of an inch is your score at each yardage.

In Score Shooting, you shoot five shots on an official target that at 100 yards has a 1/2 inch diameter 10 ring, with a 1/16 dot in the middle which is an X.

We shoot the most accurate Rifles on the planet. Here is an example of the kind of precision that can be achieved, in competition, outdoors, in the wind. I shot this Group at the Texas State Unlimited a few years back. It's 10 shots at 100 yards.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...1&d=1533412267

This is my Unlimited "Rail Gun" that I shoot in the Unlimited Class.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...1&d=1533412423

As I said, in Score Shooting, you are actually shooting "for the bulls eye" which for us is the 1/16 inch X in the center at 100 yards. This June, at Tomball, I shot a 250 25X which is extremely rare. Here are the five targets. It was shot with my 30BR Score Rifle.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...1&d=1533412694

This is my Score Rifle.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...1&d=1533412926

I also occasionally shoot long range, 600 yards. This is my long range Rifle, chambered in 6BR.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...1&d=1533413251

O
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0557.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	571890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	571892   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	571894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	571896  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1948.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	571898  
Cam, BillsCamino, OLDED and 12 others like this.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 4:48 PM

I shot a little Benchrest back in the 1970's, with a Remington XBBR, in .222. Optic was a 36x Unertl.
In the late 1980's, I shot an AMAC 5100 .50bmg, at 600 to 1,000 yards. Optic was a 20x Leupold MKIV Ultra. Also owned a Barrett M107 w/Nightforce 16x.
vortec710 likes this.
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 6:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint44 View Post
I shot a little Benchrest back in the 1970's, with a Remington XBBR, in .222. Optic was a 36x Unertl.
In the late 1980's, I shot an AMAC 5100 .50bmg, at 600 to 1,000 yards. Optic was a 20x Leupold MKIV Ultra. Also owned a Barrett M107 w/Nightforce 16x.
Competitive Benchrest is suffering many of the same problems that plague our hobby here. The members are getting up in age. The appeal of extreme accuracy shooting to the younger generation just isn't there. A lot of it is the cost. But more centers around the fact that it's not "military" enough for the new crop of shooters. High Power, NRA Precision Rifle, just about anything that simulates combat situations seem to attract many more shooters.

I'm going to a Match at the Tomball Gun Club, my home club, tomorrow. We will be shooting 100 yard score.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 8:03 PM
Tech Team
Deon

Garage

Golf, 7 handicap but my daughter is better. I joke that my Chevelle is my golf cart as it doesn't leave the neighborhood.

72 Chevelle, 454, TH400, 3:73's

post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 9:21 PM

Boating
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 10:01 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Redneck View Post
Those aren't the only Paradigms I've got. I run a 30 watt Technics receiver on my desk for the putor and I have a pair of Paradigm Atoms that I refoamed hooked up to it,pretty good sounding for tiny little things. I think I'll end up flipping the 7SE's, They just don't sound better to my ears than my Luxmans and they bring a good buck in these parts +I got em cheap=Green fee money.

P.S. Cam my Luxmans were designed by Paul Barton of PSB before he went out on his own. Do you know what the S in PSB stands for?
Stanley, unless his friends gave him a rude middle name
I think PSB was based in Kitchener in the 70s/80s, although it may have been Ottawa. I see that PSB actually is now in Pickering as part of the Lenbrook group, 1 exit east of me.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 10:03 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Recard View Post
Boating
More like flying!

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 10:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I like old WW2 items..Coins..and guns
blm likes this.

TC #0672
1972 SS 454 M22
"W " Code Midnight Bronze
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 11:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
James

I collect baseball cards.
James
Bow_Tied likes this.

1968 Beaumont SD396

1968 El Camino

ACES #7986
post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 11:47 PM
Tech Team
Gavin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SS454Chevelle View Post
Golf, 7 handicap but my daughter is better. I joke that my Chevelle is my golf cart as it doesn't leave the neighborhood.
People ask me what my handicap is, and I tell them itís my swing. It used to be around 14, but havenít played enough lately to care. As far as audio, itís just a box stock Pioneer PL-250 TT, a Pioneer SX3700 receiver (Fluoroscan and 45 WPC), and used pair of Pioneer S-D1 speakers. A perfect mid-fi setup. The TT sports a Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge (analogue people will know). Loving seeing the other hobbies in this thread.

My father tells me I was born 30 years too late.
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 12:37 AM
Tech Team
Bob

Garage

'95 Harley Softail clone, 35+ guns, 2 Jeep YJ Wranglers (mostly stock).

And recently built a teardrop trailer for camping.

https://imgur.com/K7KiPUV

-

Haven't done Moab yet, but it's on the list. I'll watch everyone else break their rigs!
70CHEVELLE396 likes this.

'66 El Camino, 327, 5 speed, 3.31 posi.

Custom painters don't screw up! They just add more graphics.

Moderator - nevadashooters.com
post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 7:37 AM
Tech Team
Lew

Garage

There are other things than Chevelles?
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 8:30 AM
Tech Team
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Stanley, unless his friends gave him a rude middle name
I think PSB was based in Kitchener in the 70s/80s, although it may have been Ottawa. I see that PSB actually is now in Pickering as part of the Lenbrook group, 1 exit east of me.
The S in PSB stand for Sue (his wife's name). I've never heard a pair of PSB speakers but after owning these Luxmans he designed for a few years now I know the PSB's would have to sound pretty damn good.

Sometimes a man's got to do what a woman would never consider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 599 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.