Stolen Camaro - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

15Likes
  • 1 Post By jcor12
  • 1 Post By Tom Mobley
  • 3 Post By DZAUTO
  • 1 Post By IFLY
  • 4 Post By Steve R
  • 1 Post By shelteredv
  • 1 Post By Jeff65SS
  • 1 Post By ysr_racer
  • 2 Post By grr456

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 8:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
Stolen Camaro

From LaRae Hanson

Look out for this '69 SS Camaro....sad to hear that yet another criminal has scoped out these big car shows.....seems to be a trend!!

Lori Kirkpatrick
July 8 at 7:21 PM
Our Ď69 Camaro was stolen from Comfort Suites Fairgrounds during The Good Guys Show in Columbus,Ohio. If you have any information concerning the carís whereabouts, pm us. Thank you! A reward will be given for itís recovery. VIN # 124379N651299

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 9:19 PM
Tech Team
Joe

Garage
Re: Stolen Camaro

Yup...I saw this posted on the First Gen Camaros Facebook group also. I have a multiple day trip coming up next month with the Chevelle. Fortunately, I have another daily driver tagging along and we will use that car to block in the Chevelle at hotels.
lucifershammer likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 10:44 PM
Boldly procrastrinating
Tom Terrific II

Garage

armed guard in the parking lot might be helpful.
Saltherring likes this.

Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 8:37 PM
Tech Team
Brad g.

LoJack?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 9:32 AM
Team Member
Tom

I keep telling you guys------------------------

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 18, 10:48 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mobley View Post
armed guard in the parking lot might be helpful.
This is what some hotels do in Daytona during Bike Week.
Saltherring likes this.

Jax, FL

69 SS 396 El Camino
Numbers Match
(Resto began 7-17)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 18, 10:37 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Wonder if any of these stolen cars get found?..

TC #0672
1972 SS 454 M22
"W " Code Midnight Bronze
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 18, 11:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I've read of a stolen vette being returned to its owner 40 yrs. later, it was going to be sent os and they found it was stolen 40 yrs earlier, hope this couple doesn't have that long of a wait, the guy that owns the shop that my Malibu's body work was finished in had his restored 67 #s matching camaro stolen about a year and a half ago and they haven't found it yet, IMO there should be a harder punishment for these types of thieves so they cant do it again

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 18, 11:50 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I've read of a stolen vette being returned to its owner 40 yrs. later, it was going to be sent os and they found it was stolen 40 yrs earlier, hope this couple doesn't have that long of a wait, the guy that owns the shop that my Malibu's body work was finished in had his restored 67 #s matching camaro stolen about a year and a half ago and they haven't found it yet, IMO there should be a harder punishment for these types of thieves so they cant do it again
Itís a rare occurrence when cars are found years later, thatís why they make the news. Most are cut up, sold overseas or have a different VIN installed.

The bad thing is people are losing their sense of personal responsibility. A general callousness is developing that itís somehow ok when someone with nice things has them stolen or destroyed through no fault of their own. They for some unknown reason deserve it or that itís alright, because they ďcan afford itĒ, whatever that means. Iíve watched several YouTube videos where random people with no provocation will walk up and vandalize exotic cars parked on the street or stopped in traffic often passerbyís within earshot think itís justified and the owner has it coming because he must be a dick, just for owning a car they could never afford. Add that to the push to decriminalize and minimize many property crimes, at least here, in California, it doesnít seem like things are going to get better anytime soon or that they will end well.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Jul 15th, 18 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Tertdfdfeeffeefecfedgfdfdf
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 18, 12:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim

Garage

I'm not really a gun person, but have friends who are and like to use them. Thieving pricks should be forced to shoot their own hand off in front of the person they stole from. Justice.
427L88 likes this.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 9:13 AM
Tech Team
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
Itís a rare occurrence when cars are found years later, thatís why they make the news. Most are cut up, sold overseas or have a different VIN installed.

The bad thing is people are losing their sense of personal responsibility. A general callousness is developing that itís somehow ok when someone with nice things has them stolen or destroyed through no fault of their own. They for some unknown reason deserve it or that itís alright, because they ďcan afford itĒ, whatever that means. Iíve watched several YouTube videos where random people with no provocation will walk up and vandalize exotic cars parked on the street or stopped in traffic often passerbyís within earshot think itís justified and the owner has it coming because he must be a dick, just for owning a car they could never afford. Add that to the push to decriminalize and minimize many property crimes, at least here, in California, it doesnít seem like things are going to get better anytime soon or that they will end well.

Steve R
I had my malibu in a car show back in 1995. The show was at a large hotel with a dance club in it. I was there with a friend of mine, and my car was alarmed. There were 3 guys walking by my car, and mind it, it's still in the "show ground area" which was roped off. I saw them walking and gave my keys to my friend telling him that when the alarm goes off, to push THIS button to turn it off, and to get into the trunk with the trunk key and get the pipe out of my truck to back me up after these guys mess with my car. He thought I was nuts, and laughed. as soon as he laughed, the skinny punk of the group punched the hood of my car setting off my alarm. My friend looked at me and simply said WE'RE GOING TO TALK LATER ABOUT THIS. and he turned the alarm off and ran to my car's trunk as I lay'd out the punk that did it. His two friends took offense to this and said HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM and started to approach me. Once they saw that I wasn't fighting alone anymore and my friend had a nice chunk of old steel pipe in his hand, they backed off and left. No damage to my car, but it does happen!!!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 9:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

So what's the best solution to keeping our cars safe when traveling?

I would've thought that the Comfort Suites Fairgrounds near the show would be a good choice, lots of other hot rods and musclecars. I've never seen a hotel offer a security patrolled lot, but maybe it common in bigger cities?

I was reading a thread here the other day about GPS tracking, LoJack, and other anti-thief devices and realized I'm way out of step with keeping my car safe.

Maybe the best defense is really good insurance?
Steve R likes this.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 10:27 AM
Tech Team
Brad g.

I use a wheel boot, Lojack and I carry a gun. Plus I have insurance.

Saltherring likes this.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 10:40 AM
Tech Team
Bill

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
So what's the best solution to keeping our cars safe when traveling?

I would've thought that the Comfort Suites Fairgrounds near the show would be a good choice, lots of other hot rods and musclecars. I've never seen a hotel offer a security patrolled lot, but maybe it common in bigger cities?

I was reading a thread here the other day about GPS tracking, LoJack, and other anti-thief devices and realized I'm way out of step with keeping my car safe.

Maybe the best defense is really good insurance?
The fair grounds is not in a good neighborhood but I am guessing the thief is not a neighbor. I have seen a vehicle recovered with LoJack. It works but is not cheap. Cops love to have real time data and go on a chase to get that 'Ace' name.

1969 Sport Coupe SS Tribute Cortez Silver 454 400TH
post #15 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 12:00 PM
Tech Team
grr

I used to be the event co-ordinator for the annual Pantera (car) event in Las Vegas. Since it's inception, we paid for a guard to watch the area where the cars were parked. Unless you had an event badge, you weren't going to get into the area. The cost was minimal, even in the 2000's, I think it may have been $200 or $300 for our entire 4 day event.

This is what the hotel charged us for one of their guards....

Money well spent...Just my .02....grr
427L88 and Saltherring like this.

grr
Build Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 558 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.