Why can't I find these cars? - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 8:33 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Re: Why can't I find these cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Nelson View Post
Hell of a woman!

No money down, just a handshake. When's the last time that has held up.
Agreed. When we went to look at our '68 L79 in 2014, my wife told me to go ahead and buy it. It was a lot of cash for us, and if she had said no, I wouldn't have bought it.

That was also a no money down handshake sale, and the seller followed through even though I couldn't get back to pick up the car for another month.

Wives/GFs that support our Chevelle addiction, and handshake sellers and buyers, are rare these days.

One more thing. Although I am ALWAYS curious, I never ask what someone paid for their car. That's between buyer and seller.
davewho1 likes this.

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 9:05 AM
Senior Tech Team
Like the 'vert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheveslakr View Post
Yes, but that fork thing needs to be addressed.
Rick's lucky it was just a fork! She's got a mean left hook-ask me how I know!

Rick and Annie are the best.....

Bruce

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD!!!!
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 10:30 AM
Bill

Congrats on your purchase, Rick. The what did you pay for it question always comes up. I had a close friend (older gentleman) that was like a second father to me that passed away. We would attend car shows and traded work on cars all the time. He had a 66 Super Sport and a 67 Camaro Super Sport (4P) car. I wanted the Camaro, but never asked about it. He had a son that I figured would get the cars. One day his wife phoned me and asked what the value would be for the cars and she had some high numbers. I ask her wasn't she keeping them for her son and she said she needed the money. The numbers were too high for me, so I told her she may get her price and then again she may not.

A little time went by and she kept getting lower offers and was getting very disgusted with people making lower offers. She phoned me again and asked me why, and my reply was people are only wanting to get them as cheap as they can. I ask her did she really want to sell them and she said yes. I told her that I would like the Camaro and that it would never be sold and her reply was it's yours. I told her to figure out a price and let me know. She phoned me the next day with price under one condition. The condition was that I would never tell anyone the selling price and I promised that to her. I now own the Camaro and have kept my promise until this day and that has been 5 years. She by no means gave it to me, but gave me a good price. I'm asked all the time what I paid for it and I just say it was a good price. She passed away about a year ago and a promise is a promise. Her son ended up getting the Chevelle after her death.

Bill
mr 4 speed, RAMBO, 71350SS and 7 others like this.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 2:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplantdad View Post
Rick's lucky it was just a fork! She's got a mean left hook-ask me how I know!

Rick and Annie are the best.....
Sounds like it might be a good story. So I'm asking, how you know?

70 LS5 convertible
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 18, 11:27 AM
Senior Tech Team
Like the 'vert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stones View Post
Sounds like it might be a good story. So I'm asking, how you know?
Hi Mike, don't know if it's a good story, but here goes....

I used to attend the Super Car Reunions every year in Collinsville, Illinois. So for SCR XI, in 2008...I decided to "tell a little white lie" and let everyone know that due to having a new boss, that I wouldn't be going to the reunion that year. Only a few folks knew what was actually happening-Rick and Annie weren't "in the know".

What actually happened was that instead of me going to the reunion alone, I brought the entire family from AZ. The two pictures below are when Rick (And Annie) find out the actual truth...and I got hit by Annie (Their ZL-1 is in the background)

I don't lie to her any more....LOL

12stones likes this.

Bruce

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD!!!!
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 18, 1:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rick

Those were some good times had by all Bruce and dearly miss them! Right up until I pissed off the parking lot rent-a-cop with the ZL1.......
Xplantdad likes this.

Musclecar Restoration and Design
Pleasant Plains, IL
217-626-(CARS)

Specializing in the LS6 Chevelle and Hi po Chevrolets

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 18, 2:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Nelson View Post
Those were some good times had by all Bruce and dearly miss them! Right up until I pissed off the parking lot rent-a-cop with the ZL1.......
Sounds like another good story?
Xplantdad likes this.

70 LS5 convertible
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 18, 3:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rick

Not much of a story. Everybody does burnouts in the parking lot on the north side where all the trailers were parked. I was leaving the lot and happened to be on the south side and drove by someone I knew (don't recall who). They yelled to smoke them so with all 600 ponies nailed I did just that evidently to the dismay of a nearby family that was getting out of their car. Shortly after arriving back to the lot I was greeted by one of the hotels finest (in blue) who then proceeded to publically shame me in front of my peers regarding exhibition driving. Thinking it best to just keep my mouth shut (so that I could remain at my designated hotel) I did just so, smiled and said yes occifer and proceeded to bow my head, turned and walk back towards the trailers and multiple snickering fellow car enthusiasts while showing a slight smile and wink. End of story.
Xplantdad and 12stones like this.

Musclecar Restoration and Design
Pleasant Plains, IL
217-626-(CARS)

Specializing in the LS6 Chevelle and Hi po Chevrolets

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 18, 4:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

I was fairly sure there were smoking tires involved. And I was right, it was a good story.
Xplantdad likes this.

70 LS5 convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 641 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.