Brief conversation while getting gas w/the Chevelle - Page 6 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

318Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 9:15 AM
Tech Team
Bryan

Re: Brief conversation while getting gas w/the Chevelle

My wife and I are raising a family so to me, the memories to be made with my '66 are of much more value to me than whatever $$$ I would get for the car. Honestly I would likely lose a few thousand bucks if I sold it for fair value as things stand today. But regardless of all that, no part of me wants to sell it ever, unless some extenuating unforeseen circumstances force me to.

That's the long answer, but when someone asks the questions my typical response is something along the lines of "there is not a bone in my body that wants to sell it, but there are always a few others for sale out there if you are in the market "
427L88 likes this.

'66 SS Clone
Fast Burn 385hp Crate 350 (for now)
Muncie M20 & 3.42 Posi
UMI Stage 2 Suspension all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 9:18 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Put it in the will Tommy, and add a trust to fund it. Go down with that beauty you built!

I'd take the "leper" anyday. ( I had a 75 as a kid I stuffed a real LT-1 into, with no converter and 3.08 gears. )

Mostly, Chris ( mr4speed) I was just thinking.... no one has asked me, that I can recall, if Old Red if for sale. A fella whose real name I cannot recall, who went by " Old Man" down in Goodlettsville TN wanted to swap his 68 droptop for Old Red once. And that is all. I wish we had swapped rides for a spell. Only cause Old Man didnt have much time left. Yet all I'd agree to is a temp swap. 1-2 yrs. Goofy freak am I. Now I guess i'd say, " Naw, its in the will." ( not really)
mr 4 speed and Saltherring like this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #78 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 9:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
Put it in the will Tommy, and add a trust to fund it. Go down with that beauty you built!
Yup - and if you haven't done that already, and the car is not in a will somewhere with specific instructions of what to do with it upon your passing, it's not guaranteed.

You could get hit by a bus tomorrow (I know, morbid thoughts) and it would all be moot because if the car winds up in probate or someone else's control, it is completely out of your control, so get your affairs in order now if you want it guaranteed what will happen to the car!

As for my cars - I don't have any intention on selling, but I do know that if someone offered me a ridiculous (high) enough price, it would be gone, because that price would have to be high enough I could build multiple cars and probably buy a [email protected] boat with the proceeds.

1972 Chevelle, 454, 200-4r non-lockup, 12 bolt 3.73
1981 Camaro Z28, 355, TH350, 3.73
post #79 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 2:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mobley View Post
That Nova of Philips was monster of a car. Go, stop, steer, comfy, cold A/C. the works. Whatta winner it was. I couldn't believe it when he told me he sold it. But the wagon is pretty cool too.
I remember when Philip said that was the last car he was going to build............

66 Malibu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #80 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 3:41 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
I remember when Philip said that was the last car he was going to build............
Only missed that by 2.... so far
427L88 likes this.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

post #81 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 4:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

I always listen... Who knows they might persuade me. I'm not married to any car, I can build another.

You're just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
post #82 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 7:10 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
I always listen... Who knows they might persuade me. I'm not married to any car, I can build another.
Bingo. It's just a car not a puppy or a kid.

IMHO to get/be emotionally attached to an inanimate object is nuts. From a business/economic standpoint it's insane!
post #83 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 7:28 PM
Tech Team
Ken

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWapenshaw007# View Post
I took mine to the car show this weekend. Saw a really nice 69 Camaro, set up just like I would set up, that I wondered if he would be willing to depart with, but no "for sale" sign and I didn't want to be "that guy". So I complimented him on his beautiful ride and kept on walking.
Yeah, I don't like when people try to buy my car when it is not for sale. It was gorgeous and I have been searching for one and haven't seen any near that quality in this area!
Some car shows I've been to forbid for sale signs in any cars. Others say it's ok if the sign is very small. Just because there's no sign in the car doesn't mean its not for sale.
Steve R and shovelrick like this.

67 Chevelle Malibu, ZZ4 350 crate engine, TH350, FiTech EFI, Vintage Air, Dakota HDX dash, FlowMaster exhaust,
17" Rally style wheels, Redline tires
post #84 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 7:37 PM
Tech Team
Ken

Garage

I saw a sign on a car at a show that read: "My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my car for what I TOLD her I paid for it."
shovelrick likes this.

67 Chevelle Malibu, ZZ4 350 crate engine, TH350, FiTech EFI, Vintage Air, Dakota HDX dash, FlowMaster exhaust,
17" Rally style wheels, Redline tires
post #85 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 7:42 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksky View Post
Some car shows I've been to forbid for sale signs in any cars. Others say it's ok if the sign is very small. Just because there's no sign in the car doesn't mean its not for sale.
I know a couple of people that start bringing their cars to shows when they are done enjoying them, hoping someone will approach them with an offer. One usually has a small vinyl sticker that says for sale in both quarter windows, the other guy says there is never a shortage of people asking if itís for sale.

Steve R
shovelrick likes this.
post #86 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 8:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas SS View Post
Bingo. It's just a car not a puppy or a kid.

IMHO to get/be emotionally attached to an inanimate object is nuts. From a business/economic standpoint it's insane!
According to you, I'm nuts/insane, then.

The 17th of this month marks 39 years since I bought my '66 - my 1st car - it's part of the family and won't go anywhere until I'm dead.

Both of my parents (now gone) drove and enjoyed it at different stages of my ownership, so that means something to me; along with many other memories.

Yeah - it's just a car ...

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #87 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 8:48 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewho1 View Post

The 17th of this month marks 39 years since I bought my '66 - my 1st car - it's part of the family and won't go anywhere until I'm dead.

Both of my parents (now gone) drove and enjoyed it at different stages of my ownership, so that means something to me; along with many other memories.

Wanna sell it?

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #88 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 9:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete 67 View Post
Wanna sell it?
Wise guy.
Saltherring likes this.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #89 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 9:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I'm way upside down in ours as far as $$$ but 1 of our girls really likes it since we bought it 7 years ago, it was ugly and uglier, anybody asks if it's for sale I'm just saying it's already spoken for
davewho1 and Saltherring like this.

post #90 of 126 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 18, 9:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewho1 View Post

I can understand that.
Dan Orgill and davewho1 like this.

You're just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 757 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.