Another cool car trend - Page 4 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 9:51 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: Another cool car trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMc View Post
This is the theme I've gone with and mostly because the paint and body would take years and way more $ than I want to put into the car.
Nice clean engine bay, fresh motor, nice interior and I've done up the suspension along with wheels and tires. It's fun to drive, turns heads and I don't worry about parking lot dings. I even painted the roof with matching single stage and "patina'ed" it a little. The paint is way worse than it looks in the photo.
I like that even more.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 10:59 AM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

I have mixed feelings on this trend. I hate the fake patina hipster cars, but really like a well done hotrod with naturally weathered paint.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 12:25 PM
Senior Tech Team

My '65 Nova is very solid, but has a lot of wavy panels from when 16-yr old me tried to do body work in 1988. It is covered with a cheap Ermine White Acrylic Enamel paint job, done at home in a single car garage back in '88. It has some rust bubbles popping through here and there. The interior is nice, and the engine compartment is detailed.

For years I really wanted to re-do the car and make it "nice". I've changed my mind recently. It's fine as-is.

It won't win any car shows, but I have fun with it, and it still turns heads. There is no reason to sink a ton of cash into paint and body work, and have it stranded in "paint jail" when I can be driving it!
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 3:37 PM
Tech Team

Send a message via MSN to Thomas_Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcaptain S3 View Post
I just started watching it when Velocity started running the older Roadkill shows. I'd heard of it but never watched. Now I'm hooked. I absolutely love it. Motor Trend on demand has a ton of shows so I'm not missing Velocity much since I dropped cable. And now I understand MT is going to start carrying the Velocity stuff anyway.
Velocity bought The Enthusiast Network (known as TEN as shortform) which is the parent company to all the Motor Trend related video content. Basically a win win to regain your shows from cable onto a superior streaming service with Motortrend on Demand. New Roadkill Garage is live today!
Roadcaptain S3 likes this.

post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 4:37 PM
Senior Tech Team
John

Sort of did the same thing with my truck, but with a modern twist. It's turned into quite the trend especially after the Hot Rod Crown Hick cam out. But lots of folks have done the frame swaps for years now.
Bought the truck cheap. Got a 2010 Vic interceptor from a local auction for a great price. Basically re-bodied the truck onto the Vic chassis and drivetrain. Sold off all of the left over parts to re-coop some$$. And now I have a vehicle that I can get parts anywhere. Has all the creature comforts of a modern vehicle. She has plenty of dings, scratches and rust here and there. But I'd drive it anywhere

John B
ďIt isnít the enemy that ruined America. Itís good people who bent over and let the enemy in. If the coyoteís in your living room pissing on your couch, itís not the coyoteís fault. Itís your fault for not shooting him.Ē Uncle Ted
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 6:14 PM
Team Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer4x4 View Post
I like that even more.
Thanks. Figures a Pittsburgh guy would like it. I grew up in Penn Hills
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
Sort of did the same thing with my truck, but with a modern twist. It's turned into quite the trend especially after the Hot Rod Crown Hick cam out. But lots of folks have done the frame swaps for years now.
Bought the truck cheap. Got a 2010 Vic interceptor from a local auction for a great price. Basically re-bodied the truck onto the Vic chassis and drivetrain. Sold off all of the left over parts to re-coop some$$. And now I have a vehicle that I can get parts anywhere. Has all the creature comforts of a modern vehicle. She has plenty of dings, scratches and rust here and there. But I'd drive it anywhere

Super cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 753 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.