where are these guys? - Page 7 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

280Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #91 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 7:22 AM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Re: where are these guys?

Marci is another one I remember.

She got a lot of attention on here because she was young and pretty in addition to owning a Chevelle. It's probably been 10 years at least since she was last here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 10:01 AM
Senior Tech Team
Joe

I think most have answered the opening question. Sold my '69 in 2012. I was more into the performance side, but not really into owning a full out race car which is where the Performance section had seemed to migrate to even before I had sold the car. Cruise nights have all but died off around here. People change as time moves on. Did learn a lot through the information exchanges on the forums, very diverse group has assembled over the years, some with contributions of significant value, others with contributions on the edge of annoying. Still drop in time to time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 1:56 PM
Team Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN69CHV View Post
I think most have answered the opening question. Sold my '69 in 2012. I was more into the performance side, but not really into owning a full out race car which is where the Performance section had seemed to migrate to even before I had sold the car. Cruise nights have all but died off around here. People change as time moves on. Did learn a lot through the information exchanges on the forums, very diverse group has assembled over the years, some with contributions of significant value, others with contributions on the edge of annoying. Still drop in time to time
Always appreciate your posts, Joe. You always shared your experience in what I've felt is a non-biased way, which has helped many on this board.

Do you think you'll ever get another toy, or are you done?

Dan
post #94 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 5:43 PM
Senior Tech Team
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Orgill View Post
Always appreciate your posts, Joe. You always shared your experience in what I've felt is a non-biased way, which has helped many on this board.

Do you think you'll ever get another toy, or are you done?
Don't know. On paper I should have 2x free time I had years ago, doesn't seem to be working out that way. In reality, probably have the same free time, but going at it at 1/2 the pace these days. Will tell you this, ever since I went through chemo 6 years ago, I have problems with my lungs around strong fumes. So it's doubtful I would be into anything that wasn't emissions friendly. Vince and I were just talking about this today. He bought a Vette in March, had plans to drive the wheels off of it, barely logged 1000 miles for the year.

post #95 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 9:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
I had saved this list of other missing members (acknowledged some have already been addressed) from another thread in the event anyone has any feedback:
dreis454 chev64 rubadub Brettd85 John Muha Dave 66MYSTERY CHEVELLE Beaux quickSS Mr69 Xtreme70SS396 Bowtie Aaron Harold Sutton davis95 webfoot Junkyard Dawg Elcoman oldtimebaseballfan FRYNTYR 1BLACKHARLEY PaPa Johns 77 FourEightNine sg5492 Kevin R chevelledude71 136679ss d1_bradley Olle richietables shadowgray396 onovakind67 Tod74 undee70ss 67shovel 68KMENO animal69 OutCast
FRYNTYR, Brettd85,kevinR hangout at tcnwracing.com , the site formed when the PNW regional site split. No need to rehash that one. I know they lurk here. OutCast is in Canada and some life events happened and I guess he's on Facebook. FourEightNine moved on in life and is doing well. I miss Big James and Jessie66Original, I met both of them years ago at a show in Columbia SC.

I'm running one of FRYNTYRs 427s in my car now, the man can build a great mill!
mr 4 speed likes this.

Mark
TC#1600
ACES 6166
69 Chevelle SS
"Carpe Jugulum"

post #96 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 10:52 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
I had saved this list of other missing members (acknowledged some have already been addressed) from another thread in the event anyone has any feedback:
dreis454 chev64 rubadub Brettd85 John Muha Dave 66MYSTERY CHEVELLE Beaux quickSS Mr69 Xtreme70SS396 Bowtie Aaron Harold Sutton davis95 webfoot Junkyard Dawg Elcoman oldtimebaseballfan FRYNTYR 1BLACKHARLEY PaPa Johns 77 FourEightNine sg5492 Kevin R chevelledude71 136679ss d1_bradley Olle richietables shadowgray396 onovakind67 Tod74 undee70ss 67shovel 68KMENO animal69 OutCast
Add John Krenn aka Chevhell to the list: Alan Knappenberger aka black71: Chuck Nixon is another I haven't seen in ages. Most of you know Jimmy Pore aka JimmyP passed away some years ago. I'm sure I can think of some others.

A man with an experience will never be at the mercy of a man with an argument.
post #97 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 10:55 PM
Team Member
Dave

Walter Zoomie, Beldar, BB Mike, the list goes on.

It is a rare man who can count his own blessings and not mistake them for personal achievements.
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483 TC #32 Gold
1970 El Camino Custom, 350/300, needs paint, rust free Arizona car
1968 Caprice coupe, Ash Gold/Ivy Gold, 327/300hp, rally wheels, disc brakes, buckets, console, am/fm and tach dash, tilt and a/c.
post #98 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 17, 6:22 AM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

Brad (1badss396) isn't here very much but he does show up to bust on people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

post #99 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 17, 7:08 AM
Gold Member

I'm still here - mostly lurking and still learning from everyone. Put some money into the car a year ago (clean up engine bay, new interior). I have a great carburetor story I should post when I get around to it - it's a little long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1629.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	497538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1571.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	497546  

1970 Astro Blue SS396 L34
post #100 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 17, 9:05 AM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSuper Dave View Post
Walter Zoomie, Beldar, BB Mike, the list goes on.
I met Walter Zoomie at a Super Chevy Show about 12 years ago, or whenever he was frequenting TC. He had a camera bag filled with beer and ice and a camera hung from his neck. They checked coolers for beer and glass bottles at the gates but obviously not camera bags. Funny guy.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15

post #101 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 17, 12:14 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

I usually read Walter Zoomie's blog on Indy 500 weekend, but forgot about it this year. Thanks for the reminder!
post #102 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 17, 6:37 PM
Tech Team
Damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 4 speed View Post
wow-did not realize that is where the car ended up. Very cool

Still going strong!

Click image for larger version

Name:	chevelle.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	497842
mr 4 speed and mino65 like this.

'69 SS L34 Chevelle
post #103 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 7:35 PM
Team Member
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Matt Smith Send a message via MSN to Matt Smith Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
So is Amanda the girl on the corvette site that went for the ride? The video posted in the five head thread...?
no

Owner, Litchfield County Computer, LLC

Admin, Chevelle Talk

post #104 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 8:23 PM
Senior Tech Team
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
What about Midnight marauder aka Beaux,Big block Dave and BBMike ? Some of the crazy funny responses from MM/Beaux and those guys were hilarious .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
I think "Alan" still keeps in touch with Beaux... His wife and he had a baby a few years ago, and I heard he just didn't have the time to spend here that he once had... AFAIK, he still has his Chevelle project...
Quote:
I had saved this list of other missing members (acknowledged some have already been addressed) from another thread in the event anyone has any feedback: dreis454 chev64 rubadub Brettd85 John Muha Dave 66MYSTERY CHEVELLE Beaux quickSS Mr69 Xtreme70SS396 Bowtie Aaron Harold Sutton davis95 webfoot Junkyard Dawg Elcoman oldtimebaseballfan FRYNTYR 1BLACKHARLEY PaPa Johns 77 FourEightNine sg5492 Kevin R chevelledude71 136679ss d1_bradley Olle richietables shadowgray396 onovakind67 Tod74 undee70ss 67shovel 68KMENO animal69 OutCast
I'm still in frequent contact with Midnight Marauder (later created an account under his real name Beaux, to escape the past. lmao.). Just visited him a few months ago while on a work assignment and my daily driver needed some quick repairs. Fed me dinner, and a beer. Super cool dude. Has a 4(?) y.o girl with his wife and still has his '70 Chevelle SS. After getting burned by a paint shop stretching back to 2009 or 2010, he has almost beaten back (almost literally) the money he was owed for work not performed but paid. So, Chevelle is still in pieces and needing body/paint work completed. With the magnitude of work required, I think it's just easier to do anything, but work on the Chevelle. Along with moving, work, family, house projects, Beaux quit TC at some point along the way.

His online persona was exactly the same in person. Still as funny today as in the Golden Era of Team Chevelle.
mr 4 speed, 71350SS and 427L88 like this.

post #105 of 132 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 9:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Smith View Post
no
Ok. The pics don't load for me so I'm assuming the five head thread pics are gone.

Always helps to know what these people look like lol.
Very interesting story however. Thanks for sharing.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 904 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.