What a crappy day! - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 12:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Garage
Re: What a crappy day!

I've been doing this every two to three years for the last 20 years. 2-3 polyps every time but so far non cancerous. Had a bit of a scare last time out when one of the cauterized polyps started bleeding a few days after the procedure. Ended up in the hospital for a few days while it healed back up. My fault. You're supposed to eat soft foods for a week and then move up to the roughage. Had a salad and evidently it pulled the scab off the polyp and I was bleeding internally. Dr was pissed since I was only his second complication after 50 years in practice. But I like him since he's an old fart too and doesn't beat about the bush. Told me I screwed up and he was right.

Ed

70 El Camino SS 396
68 GTO (Thanks Mom)
06 Silverado
07 SRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 3:44 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Might as well get the endoscopy while you're at it. Just request they put the camera down your throat first
Ironic timing of this thread. I'm having both the endoscopy & the colonoscopy done on this upcoming Tuesday. I'm really dreading the prep.

It's probably obvious, but why should I request the endoscopy be performed first?
mino65 likes this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 5:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete 67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Might as well get the endoscopy while you're at it. Just request they put the camera down your throat first
Ironic timing of this thread. I'm having both the endoscopy & the colonoscopy done on this upcoming Tuesday. I'm really dreading the prep.

It's probably obvious, but why should I request the endoscopy be performed first?
I think it's a little joke, that they use the same scope, and you don't want that going down your throat second! Haha
Stickman and shovelrick like this.

396/Turbo400/3000rpm stall converter

396/Turbo 400/4:10 Posi/Frame Off Restoration

396/4 spd/3:31 12 bolt posi
Black 1970/LS5 454/4 spd/ 3:31 Posi

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 6:16 AM
Gold Member
Gene

I watched my uncle get gutted in place with cancer. Gutted like you do with a deer when its dead. Drink your "ballistic sheiss" soda pops and your Metamucil infested gatorade, bend over for the pipe and shuttup. Like you gut a deer I'm telling ya, and then died anyway. I wouldnt do it to fckng Hitler. I;m on the 3 yr schedule. The pipe and ballisic BM's aint nothing as compared to be gut while you breathe.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 7:11 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToocoolZ28 View Post
Not me Mike, I had Prostate cancer 10 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoP View Post
Ron, Even if your prostate was removed, you should still have your PSA checked, even if it shows less than 0.02, that just means it in remission, it's never really gone. If you don't believe me, just ask many Nam Vets that have had chemically recurring Prostate Cancer!!
Gotta get checked.

We need you

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 8:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Feeling for you Ron, and I go in next month for both, I'm trying to get both done at the same time my back Doc called it a "flip", I figure if I have to miss work, be miserable might as well get it all over with in one swoop, all before liver testing.

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 8:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Garage

I've had to go 2 years in a row, but now get a 5 year break.

This last time, I only had to drink 2 rounds of three 8 ounce cups of this new poop juice...it was much easier, and it actually worked much better...

Looking forward to the "after" lunch at my favorite pizza/sub joint, makes it easier too....

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
6.0 LQ4, 4L80e, 9", Turbocharged
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 2:51 PM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Had it done a few times myself and have no qualms about it. Very important, but what I don't get is why that crap you have to mix in a clear liquid to drink has to taste so awful. Gag awful. It tastes like I'd imagine what it cleans out would taste like, maybe worse.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 3:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eric

I had both ends done at the same time 8 years ago. Didn't even know that they did anything while I was knocked out.

The prep sucked ... sitting on the pot all day but everything was fine. Get it checked out. It a lot better than having cancer and not knowing about it.

Take care of yourself.
mino65 likes this.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 3:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1969 View Post
I'd feel bad for you but I've been going through the same testing for 37 years. It's a walk in the park today compared to back when I was a kid. Hell I look forward to the day off now and going to a nice restaurant after.
Not to mention all the crap (sorry) you get to say to people and blame it on the meds... I agree, the whole thing is a walk in the park now compared to first time. Been clean so far. My Dad had CC...
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 3:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO52 View Post
I've been doing this every two to three years for the last 20 years. 2-3 polyps every time but so far non cancerous. Had a bit of a scare last time out when one of the cauterized polyps started bleeding a few days after the procedure. Ended up in the hospital for a few days while it healed back up. My fault. You're supposed to eat soft foods for a week and then move up to the roughage. Had a salad and evidently it pulled the scab off the polyp and I was bleeding internally. Dr was pissed since I was only his second complication after 50 years in practice. But I like him since he's an old fart too and doesn't beat about the bush. Told me I screwed up and he was right.
Glad to hear it all worked out, in the end.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 7:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete 67 View Post
yeah..I was just kiddin', although I was knocked out and don't know what they all did to me. But, if you're knocked out. might as well check both ends. Surprisingly, the doc asked if I had stomach pains. Occasional indigestion, but nothing (I thought) serious. Turns out I have Barrett's esophagus , which is a result of excessive acid, and can become cancerous if not kept in check. So, I'm watching what I eat/drink, and taking some H2 inhibitors until I can get it healed. I don't want to be on (PPI) acid blockers (acid is a bodily requirement), then your bone density gets screwy, and now you take medication for bone density, then that screws with your liver, and the pill merry-go-round begins...
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 17, 8:57 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
I watched my uncle get gutted in place with cancer. Gutted like you do with a deer when its dead. Drink your "ballistic sheiss" soda pops and your Metamucil infested gatorade, bend over for the pipe and shuttup. Like you gut a deer I'm telling ya, and then died anyway. I wouldnt do it to fckng Hitler. I;m on the 3 yr schedule. The pipe and ballisic BM's aint nothing as compared to be gut while you breathe.
My uncle went through the same thing at 55 years old.

I had a colonoscopy when I was 23 because my blood work came back so bad, they figured I had to be bleeding internally. I wasn't. I just forgot to study for the blood test.

I got laid off today, but I agree, you had the worse day.

Jeff

`You can't beat City Hall, but you can piss on the steps."
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 17, 2:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Hi Ron, How did you make out on the colonoscopy?, I go in Friday for that and endoscopy then get scheduled for some kind of liver test, I'm wondering how you feel the day after? have to prep all day tomorrow, get up at 4 a.m. fri and drink more poo juice, they think I may have a bad gall bladder also, be glad when they figure out what's up

post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 17, 8:20 PM
Tech Team
Danny

Was anybody awake the whole time besides me? I would've bet my pay check that I was awake, told my wife they kept asking me if I was ok and that I watched it on the monitor,she just shook her head saying no. The next day it came to me I remembered the nurse asking if I was ready to go to sleep and that was the last thing I remembered until I saw my wife's face in recovery LOL . That's some good stuff they put u out with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 934 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.