Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Tach gets interference from headlights, brakes, and horn
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 18, 6:47 PM Thread Starter
Dannnnnn

Re: Tach gets interference from headlights, brakes, and horn

...continued...

My signal wire is bundled with the rest of the tach wires for about 9 in. and passes thru the firewall in a tight grommet with ~5 other wires, could there be a disturbance in the force from being so close to these other wires, and giving it space/insulation help? (Seems to make sense that once the wires heat up just a bit they could start affecting the signal wire..?)

My power wire is spliced in with the radio on the ignition switch, could fluctuations in the voltage thru here be affecting the needle, and would it be smoother getting power elsewhere?

I've read about people using resistors to cure bouncing tach needles, but none of the issues described seemed exactly like mine, and unclear on the type and where it is supposed to placed (some say signal wire at the dist, some say bridging the signal and power wire close to the tach..??) Is this something that would help in my case? If so which type and where?

Those are the only ideas I got, really appreciate any assistance you are able to provide!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1972 El Camino SS 350ci TKO-600
1953 Plymouth, chopped and channelled
2006 Crown Vic Police Interceptor

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome