View Single Post
post #249 of (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 18, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
bigmachd
Lifetime Premium Member
Mac

Re: Drag Only Chevelle Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BBMonte View Post
6.01, 2750 lbs. and F/R ratio 50/50 is all good Mac. Maybe converter would work good with a hit a nitrous right where it is at. ???
Thanks Jon, yeah we have thought about that but we weren't going to hit it all the time, only put that system on there in hopes of maybe running some 5.90-5.60 index if the car went quick enough on its own which it does, plus 70 mile plus drive to get bottles filled.
We have also thought about getting a scale and gravity flow fill kit and fill our own bottles at home, just too many things going on at once this year, lots of stuff half finished and nothing done ,
also running an ngk br7es plug, its a resister plug, non extended tip, only ngk I can find in non resister and colder is extended tip and I "hear" extended tip plugs are a no no with my compression and nitrous, but im also on methanol, we'll just have to do some more testing,(any track time is good time ) so its all good, and my crew chief enjoys it also.
AND, on a positive note, WE DIDNT TEAR ANYTHING UP , unless we count the tire and wheel that fell off the pickup, bottom of trailer that said tire and wheel tore up, and one bad starter, all before racing even started !!!!!

1970 Chevelle SS full weight street car (4030lbs)
498-11.5:1 (Mac built) 91 pump gas+
Strauby sissy roller -
brodix-rr rec 294
weiand stelth- Pro Systems 1000
turbo 400 10" 3200 Coan 4.10 12 bolt
Best Passes on28-10.5-15 slicks and 110
1.56-6.97-99.83
1.6194-11.1666-120.94

And a drag [email protected]

If it wasn't dangerous, it wouldn't be fun!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome