Team Chevelle banner

2019 Northern Ohio Regional Chevelle Show

22K views 150 replies 28 participants last post by  69SHEVL 
#1 ·
I want to thank everyone who attended the 2018 Northern Ohio Regional Chevelle Show. The event was a great success for our Charity of Choice - "Toys for Tots" We collected over 520 toys.

This past weekend at our fall picnic, we gave a Check to the Marines for the Toys for Tots Program for $3500, we gave away fabulous prizes, had a short membership meeting, and we announced the Theme of our 2019 Chevelle Show. We are still negotiating with the Hotel so you will need to give us a month or so before registration is open. Here is a short video from our Picnic.

#3 ·
I have been looking forward to seeing next years theme, based on the 2 I have gone to, and previous ones I heard about. Eh, I'm not real sure I care too much for "Summer of '69"

#4 ·
NOCC Show should be on every Chevelle enthusiast's bucket list.

Next year the almighty 69 Chevelle will be celebrating 50 years of sexy curves in America.

Yup, it'll be there

#9 ·
THNX Mark!

I was nine in 1970 when I started listening to Ozzy and BLACK SABBATH! I'll put their first two albums ( both 1970) on a continuous loop in Old Red.

Put new spark plugs in the old beast. Bet I run better than 13.6 this time @dragway42, like a full second better. We'll see, Chinese AC's out - Japanese NGK's in! +50 hp! :) ( I guess the ACs were a bit fouled, but didnt look awful - only ran that way)

#10 ·
THNX Mark!

I was nine in 1970 when I started listening to Ozzy and BLACK SABBATH! I'll put their first two albums ( both 1970) on a continuous loop in Old Red.

Put new spark plugs in the old beast. Bet I run better than 13.6 this time @dragway42, like a full second better. We'll see, Chinese AC's out - Japanese NGK's in! +50 hp! :) ( I guess the ACs were a bit fouled, but didnt look awful - only ran that way)
I found a big issue with the Bounty Hunter.... The main ground to the block was really loose, no big deal for a normal car but it was making the computer for the Holley Fuel Injection cut in and out. Anyway, As soon as the MCACN show is over, I will be turning my attention to a 1969 Post Chevelle.....It should be a pretty good street strip car.

#11 ·
Dan Vasic reports that sixty four 69 Chevelles have already committed to being there.

Dean, you know you want to be there.:secret:

Reactions: von
#16 ·
If my wife can get the time off work, we'll bring a '69 also. :cool:

#17 ·
Is there a cap on registration? If so, does this event sell out?

I'd like to register, but unsure if we can go yet. Last time I went to it was in 2010, so it's been a while.

#18 ·
Usually sells out by the late Spring/early Summer. :beers:

Good idea to reserve your room now, as they sell out quicker.

You can always cancel the room up until very close to the end, if needed,

or offer it up here on Team Chevelle.

Reactions: Derek69SS
#22 ·
That's their theme for this years show, "Summer of 69". Some like to dress and/or decorate their car for the theme each year. Also celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Chevelle. They're pretty close to having 69, 1969 Chevelles committed to coming.

#28 ·
As long as you and Duke are there, the show will be a home run.

Looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

#30 ·
50-50 chance.

There are some others I want to get too this upcoming year, wish I can go to them all.

Reactions: 427L88
#32 ·
Queer thing is Mark, I live amongst the Senecas, and they teaching me to be non-tribal. ;)

We did get to see Mike's awesomely beautiful 69 vert right along the Chesapeake, for both an MCC and CHEVELLESTUFF photo shoot last year. Sort of "indelibly etched in my mind's eye! So we gotta give our southern cousins some credit for having the most beautiful show setting amongst all clubs in the circuit, that I've seen.

NOCC does throw the best dang party though! :thumbsup: I'd like to visit a few other shows eventually too Mike. But I wont ask who's on your "hit list" in this thread. I dont like to get quoted man. :) ( as above) But I do wonder about the western shows myself. And Peach State is a pretty easy run.

Mark, think of the old days, Don and I running the CanAm show, and the start of NOCC with our help initially. ( well other than the "miscue" NOCC suffered early on) . Even your first show at the amusement center was well staffed, as compared to we had, and now BOOM! Strong club, strong show.

Its one big "circle of Chevelle life". :cool:

..and I better get my registration envelope in the mail on its tiny, but important, "weave" in the Great Circle of Chevelle life!

#34 ·
OK, now that I am registered ( I hope!) ... is Route 42 still on? Have a MPH test to run.
If not, Test and Tune will be held on the Hotel service road. ;)

Reactions: 427L88
#35 ·
YEAH NOT! It was weird when folks ran over to Old Red when we pulled in a few years back and pulled a I SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM. I thought something fell off the damn car, everyone was so concerned. Thought I was in freaking Canada for a split second.

For the record Mike, the CanAm Niagara show is where all our canuck brothers go to really "SMOKE EM IF YA GOT EM"!!! So litin' em up on entry to show field was REQUIRED. But I dig "local rules".

PS our insurance guy lit em up at the show, so no issue with underwriting liability. ;)

Reactions: 69SHEVL
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.