Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - 1969 Fuel Gauge Stuck?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 18, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Drogjr66
Tech Team

Re: 1969 Fuel Gauge Stuck?

Hi All;
Finally back to this issue. I've checked the gauge only from the connection in the trunk (grounded and ran to empty - removed wire ran to full, etc.) With that appearing to work correctly - I filled the tank and have been driving the gas out of it this week. Jostling the trunk around every time I returned home, I believe I loosened the sending unit in the tank to start working again. It's been tracking on it's way down from about 5/8.

Here's the weird thing. I ran the car out of gas the first week I had it - and gauge read 1/4 when it ran out. So when I got to gas station - I filled up - and the tank only took just over 12 gallons? It's a replacement tank. Can a 12 gallon tank exist? It's a new tank with a new sending unit.

This leads to another problem, I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of gas in the next day or two right around 1/4 tank ( I have a gas can in trunk this time!). But all the OHM readings are spot on for where the gauge reads now (5/16 full gas - ohms are 29.0)

So if I run out the tank at 22.5 ohms, what's my options to get gauge closer to reality?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2413.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	572522  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome