Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - AM Radio Installation
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 5:06 PM Thread Starter
dlm67ss
David

Garage
Re: AM Radio Installation

Jim,
Let me first say "Thanks" for the reply and info! Now for me actually doing what you suggested, will be the real test. I understand (sort of) what you are saying. My other thought was to try and do an ohm check on that white wire to see if the ohms changed when you turned the power switch of the radio on and off. Attached is a schematic for the amp that I bought from Rockford Fosgate for installation. It shows two line outs from the source to the amp circled in "Red". So what do I do with the second since I only have one? My assumption is nothing, just hook into one or the other on the amp. So from what you are saying (and what I am understanding), is to just go from the radio "Line Out" to the amp and then to the "new" rear speakers and just hook the radio directly up to the front speaker as it came originally. I also have a few guys at work, that I work with (Instrument and Controls) and I think that I am going to get one of them to assist me some if he will with trying to figure some of this detailed stuff out. He is very control savvy. Me, well I do pretty good mechanically and some electrically. But when it comes to detailed stuff like this, I am almost as dumb (almost) as a box of rocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockford Fosgate Amp.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	569950  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rockford Fosgate Amp.pdf (48.4 KB, 3 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome