Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - ACC or IGN?
Thread: ACC or IGN?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 18, 10:18 AM
bbertlin
Tech Team
Brian

Garage
Re: ACC or IGN?

When I built my 67 Malibu, I effectively added a second electrical system to support all the stuff I added - Accuair compressors, Holley ECU, electric fuel pump, MSD 6AL box, etc. While the 50 year old wiring was in good shape, it couldn't handle all the electrical demand (i.e., amps) I was adding. I only tapped into the existing electrical for signaling to the relays - not to supply power to any of the devices. The junction box from Painless is a great way to accomplish this. I also relocated the battery to the trunk which actually made it convenient and nearby to locate the distribution, relay and other components.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4993.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	569696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4995.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	569698   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4992.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	569700  

1967 Chevelle Malibu, 463 BB, Edelbrock Performer RPM Power Package, Holley Terminator EFI, TCI Street Fighter 700R4, Moser Muscle Pac 12 bolt rearend, RideTech air suspension system, Accuair e-level air management, Wilwood Forged Dynalite disc brakes, US Mags Rambler wheels & Continental Extreme Contact tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome