Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - '72 Greenbrier Wagon Project
View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old May 7th, 18, 11:51 PM
Philip
Administrator

Garage
Re: '72 Greenbrier Wagon Project

I do not think the rear spring spacer matters if on the top or the bottom of the spring. The front one either, I put the front one on the bottom and the rear one on the top because it was easier that way.
A 3/4" spacer is what was used to change the height about 1 1/4" on the front. It wasn't until the rear spacer was added and it raised the front about another 1/4" that the car leveled out. Springs will usually settle out in the first 100 to 200 miles depending on the type of roads traveled. it will vary with the spring.

The trip was a blast, rolling hills, windy roads, mountain passes, freeway, lots of small towns and Oatman AZ. An old mining town where there are more wild burros than residents I figured the mileage wrong it was only 817 miles. Now have 5000 miles on the car.

There were 100's of cars if not more. I did not get a total count from the event staff, but there are also many that do not register, just join in the cruise.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome