Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - 1966 firewall holes... Anyone have pictures?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 18, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: 1966 firewall holes... Anyone have pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
I think that you have identified each hole properly based on the 3 66's I've worked on.

Also: You may already be aware - you are missing a pinch clamp on the steering shaft (mast per AIM) below the lower bearing. Without it the mast can slide up toward the cabin and result in an unwanted gap between the steering wheel and signal cup.

Thanks,

Mainly on the center-driver's side of the firewall, I have those unknown holes... Several look drilled, but a few look almost stamped...

Yes, I am aware of the missing clamp... Now if I can only find it. That's what I get for disassembling this thing more than 30 years ago... Not visible in those pictures, but the lower column bearing race has slid a bit further down the column... kind of rusted in place now...

I have a new lower bearing and plastic bearing housing (IIRC, from Hinshaws?), as well as a new turn signal switch and upper bearing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	column race.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	523545  

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome