View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 18, 7:01 PM
fishhead
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Re: A little fed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcaptain S3 View Post
I could counter that millennial crybabies are taught that they should "express themselves" and "share their feelings" all the time without being taught when it's appropriate to do so. They aren't taught that "if you can't say something nice" then keep your flapper shut.

I don't think it's a huge problem, but I've seen it happening more and more. Example: A little while back a 16 YO kid posted a pic of a rough car that had been his dad's first car. He asked about it and added pics. A few guys politely told the kid that it was rough and was going to need a lot of work, then offered some helpful advice. Another couple of guys bluntly told him that his dad's car was junk, a "pile of rust" and he was wasting his time because it was undesirable, and he should get rid of it or take it to the scrap yard and find something else.

The kid never posted again.
Its a shame that this happens...but it is a product of belonging to a forum.

When we start limiting opinions and what people can say, it won't be long till everyone can't say anything.

When you join a forum you should at least realize you need some thicker skin than expecting what your mom would say when you ask her the same question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome