post #5 of (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 17, 4:35 PM
Saltherring
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage
Re: Hairston Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1970 View Post
Yes Chesapeake OH is a very small town across river from Huntington WV.

Cool site from NCRS.org (Nation Corvette Restorers Society)

Dealer Zones and Numbers

This information is compiled from information gathered from members and others. It is not guaranteed for accuracy. General Motors assigned zone and dealer numbers to active dealers at the time of assignment. As dealerships changed ownership and went out of business the dealer number may be re-assigned to other new dealerships. For this reason dates are included with this information where known.

Here the results out of the dealercodes database based on the provided search criteria:

Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 44 180 HAIRSTON CHEVROLET INC P O BOX 1128 CHESAPEAKE Ohio 45619 1969 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko
Change Dealer Details 46 180 Hairston Chevrolet Inc. P.O. Box 1128 Chesapeake Ohio Unknown 1969 No longer in Busines From window sticker in files of Jon Mello. Zone might be 40. Dealer number might be 280. Very sure about the 4, 8 and 0.
Change Dealer Details Unknown Unknown Hairston Chevrolet, Inc. Box 1128 Chesapeake Ohio 45619 1970 Unknown

Kinda cool

Maybe Dutch Miller "over took" or bought out Hairston sometime in the 80s..
Again, I live in Washington and know only of Huntington and Dutch Miller Chevrolet that which: (1) I have uncovered myself (including an NRCS document), (2) I have been told by Dutch Miller employees and, (3) two previous owners (both are Huntington WV natives and current residents) have told me about my '69 Chevelle and the Huntington area.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome