Unisteer Rack and Pinion with 67 chevelle a-body - Chevelle Tech
Classic Performance Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 9th, 13, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Rob

Unisteer Rack and Pinion with 67 chevelle a-body

Hello Chevelle world.

This is my first time posting and wanted to give a heads up. Unisteer A-Body says on the documentation that it is used with headers, but a warning if you are using hedmen/dougs or any other brand that is 2 inches or more beware. Small block you could be fine, but I have a BBC and it in fact didnt work and never would have even with notching out the first header and doing something radical with the rack and pinon itself.

I had to ship mine back and Unisteer engineering told me I needed to change to manifold style headers and recommend replacing my Edlebrock heads to factory style heads. This is simply not possible and have way to much invested in the headers and heads to even consider changing that.

The customer service from Unisteer is pretty much one of the worst i have experienced with all the vendors i have been in contact with for my 67 restoration. The tricky part is getting the refund for 1800 back and i call everyday to bother them. So far i have been told that they received it and it is still in the factory and hasnt been opened yet and going on 7 days.

Use caution with unisteer and even though it clearly states bbc bolt in kit if you are running a big block with RPM, Dart, Brodix or any alluminum heads and headers this is not a bolt in kit and there will be significant modification which will void the warranty.

I am a fan of this site and find a wealth of information and wanted to finally give back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 13, 5:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage
Re: Unisteer Rack and Pinion with 67 chevelle a-body

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm in the process of a frame off on a'67 however, going with a 383. Looking hard at the flaming river rack and pinion setup.
Thanks again for the info on Unisteer... hadn't heard of them yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2032 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.