Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - NHRA to cut Pro Stock field in half at nine races next season.
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 17, 1:12 PM
oman
Senior Tech Team

Re: NHRA to cut Pro Stock field in half at nine races next season.

Watch almost any motorsports event on TV. NASCAR, NHRA or Indy Car... pick one. Look at the stands, they are not filling seats. There are no end of reasons but from what I can see auto racing in the future is not going to be what it once was. Sportsmen racing in NHRA is (was?) the soul of our interst in cars back in the days when we were younger but I gotta say it is another day now.

For me the NHRA pro class racing is interesting for about two runs in each class then it is b-o-r-i-n-g. Maybe I am just getting older, maybe the cars are so technological that I see it as a tuner issue with the driver adding little more than hands and feet to the end result (not in pro stock) .

Aside from my thoughts about my feelings about the sport the young people today are just not interested the way we were. Many, not all, are not even interested in getting a drivers license let alone getting into drag racing. Unless there is some sort of huge change in attitude and / or some huge change in what happens "at the track" I think the downward spiral in interest will inevitably continue.

Last edited by oman; Oct 6th, 17 at 3:37 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome