Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - 15" tires not as easy as I thought...Coker BFG thoughts?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 17, 9:18 PM
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: 15" tires not as easy as I thought...Coker BFG thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBE66SS View Post
Been on a tire hunt for a week for a 66 SS...don't race, not wanting to change the stance...just want to keep it simple, at least what I thought. Have found that the majority of 15" tires fit rims up to 7.5" width...and mine are 8" rallies.
Have looked at all the recommendations on here and found tires are going to be $150 plus each...unless you go the Korean route...half the price, same ratings...but Korean.
Thinking now of spending the extra $75-80 to go with the Coker BFG Silvertown Radials...$233 each from Summit, Coker and all the others. Have always liked the red lines...but thought I would not pay the price. Now that I see the price is not that much more than what I need it has become an option. Anyone running them? They going to be a good tire for cruising and occasionally hitting the highway for out of town shows? Tires on the car are 30 years old...assuming anything now will be an upgrade, but do want a decent riding tire if I spend. Thoughts from anyone who has used them would be appreciated...thanks!
Also...if a good option are there times to buy? Know most have specials from time to time, but never paid attention to tires until now.

Thanks!
BFGoodrich specs indicate 235/70/15 and 245/60/15 both have 8" rims within the "recommended" rim width range... This is for the T/A radials...

Redlines are nice, but I wanted a wider tire than offered by Coker ( they seem to mostly offer "stock" or narrow sizes), so I went with Diamond Back Classics...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome