Front end rebuild advice - Chevelle Tech
1999 -- Tech Files - reference area
1000's of previous topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 99, 3:03 PM Thread Starter

I am rebuilding the front suspension on my 68. All new hardware. My local parts store sells Dana Corporation ball joints for twice the price of McQuay-Norris ball joints. Are the Dana ball joints worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 99, 3:46 PM
Gold Member

Does not seem right that they would be so different in price, as both companies are old-line manufacturers. However, neither is well known for ball joints. I do not think that I would pay extra for a Dana joint over the other. They are probably both good parts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 99, 5:00 PM
Tech Team

before you get "store bought" try these people Northern Auto 1-800-831-0884. Prices are vary reasonable.
Harley

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 99, 8:23 PM
Tech Team

i work in a frt end shop,we put alot of frt end parts in. in our expierence moog hold up the best,the danas should be quite a bit better than the mcquays. ive also seen alot of mail order kits that will act worn out when new. i always put moog in mine,just my opinion. troy
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 99, 2:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks JWagner, Harley and Troy for the responses. Harley, Nothern Auto deals McQuay-Norris ball joints for a good price. I think the cost savings will outweigh any/if any sacrafice in quality.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 99, 3:15 PM
Tech Team

Check out Global West suspension at www.globalwest.net They have the best stuff on the market! I put it on my '67 Elcamino and it'll drag down a new ZR1 with no problem!

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 7333 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.