2010 camaro 1SS vs. 2SS? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Jun 9th, 12, 3:07 PM
Tech Team
JOHN

Default 2010 camaro 1SS vs. 2SS?

I'm looking at a 2010 Camaro 1SS. Can someone explain to me the difference between a 1SS and a 2SS on the new(er) Camaro's? I'm pretty sure the drivetrain is the same, but not sure about other options. Thanks
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 12, 3:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Alex

Default Re: 2010 camaro 1SS vs. 2SS?

John, you are right in that the drivetrains are the same. The automatic 1SS and 2SS cars get the 400 HP L99 and the 6-speed cars get the 426 HP LS3.

The main difference between the 1 and 2 SS package is the leather interior. The 2SS cars come with a leather interior with heated front seats. The 1SS only gets plain cloth seats. The 2SS also comes with the premium sound system, the 4-pack of gauges on the console, power mirrors, bluetooth, radio controls on the steering wheel and other small items like that.

You also can't get the remote start feature from the factory on the 1SS automatics, but that comes standard with the 2SS autos.

Keep in mind the way in which GM is making options available these days. You either get everything with the 2SS package, or nothing with the 1SS...no picking and choosing anymore. IMO the 2SS package is well worth the negligible upgrade in price, especially if you like leather better than cloth.
1970 Chevelle SS 396 4-Speed
1969 Chevelle SS 396 4-Speed
1969 GTO Convertible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 9th, 12, 5:35 PM
Tech Team
JOHN

Well, a local Chevy dealer has a used 2010 1SS in victory red I'm interested in. I go down to the dealer to take a look at the car and the salesmen tells me that the sales manager let a friend of his take it home for the weekend. What a load of crap. Man, I absolutely dispise used car salemen. The clown tells me it will be back Monday and asks if would like to make an appointment to come look at it. Let me see if I have this right. Your buddy is joy riding the car for the weekend and I need to wait until he is done to look at the car? Yeah, right. Put me down for appointment.
Old Jun 9th, 12, 5:49 PM
Team Member

I got rid of my 2010 1SS so that I could get my chevelle. Looking back, I should have gone with the 2SS. In the used market there is no significant price difference between the two. Also, you pretty much have to go with the RS package for the headlights. So what you are looking for is a 2010 2SS/RS.

Let me know if you have any questions about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Information Exchange > Bench Racing      Current Topic: 2010 camaro 1SS vs. 2SS?
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.