another HD trans Kiesler rs/ss 700 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Transmission & Driveline Transmissions and Differentials

Old Dec 13th, 11, 12:16 AM
Senior Tech Team
Vince

Default another HD trans Kiesler rs/ss 700

i've seen a few adds for the new rs/ss 700 transmission
have the members that ordered the rs 500 and rs 600 transmissions recieved them?
i kept hearing about unhappy guys with extended or unknown delivery dates.
any updates on the situation?
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...erinstall4.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...-11-200715.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 11, 12:58 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Default Re: another HD trans Kiesler rs/ss 700

I get a news letter from Keisler I can forward it to you if you want or if you search RS600 you will find the news letter I posted it once already.I guess there main focus is the 600 and news about the 700's availability will be first part of March next year.
Old Dec 13th, 11, 7:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jim/834

Yes, some of us have received our RS500 and RS600 transmissions, so at least they are not a myth. As far as the new transmission goes, I really love the new case design and Shafi tells me that the case will also be incorporated into the RS500/600 future builds. More on that new "700" trans from Shafi....

Legend Gear & Transmission has achieved the next big step in transmission evolution, with the debut of the LGT-700 for 2012, a brand new, ultra compact 700 LB-FT rated fully synchronized overdrive 5-speed designed and purpose built for our American aftermarket - muscle cars, Corvette, street rods, classics, customs and sport trucks. At Keisler Engineering, we will build this transmission in our fully customized PerfectFit solutions as the Super Sport 700. And, our popular Rallye Sport transmission will evolve to Gen-2 in 2012 and receive the shift system and case upgrades. And all of this Made in USA! That's right USA - not south of the border, and not China, Taiwan, Korea, India or some other overseas source. Employing Americans like you and me with high skill manufacturing jobs, that in return provide up to another 3-5 service jobs for every skilled manufacturing job. This is what America needs, and I am proud to be associated with Legend Gear & Transmission going into 2012, with Keisler Engineering being LGT's very first distributor.

Video here>>>> http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/...U7RJIcBCjOs1QT
Keisler/LGT SS700 5-speed
Best ET 11.39 @ 121 Mph
Old Dec 13th, 11, 10:49 AM
Senior Tech Team

Irritates me a bit when companies have issues delivering and massive lead times and dont even let the dust settle before they move on to something new. Focus on your backlog, get your current promises completed and then handle new stuff. This leaves people in a lurch, never mind those that just got their 600's and then hear news about a new case, etc that will be incorporated into new builds.

Friggin tansmission kubuki theatre with a side game of roulette. I like what I HEAR from them and I like the people personally but hearing and seeing are two very different things and I am growing blind to Keisler. Confusion and constant changing are not great selling points for any company.
Old Dec 16th, 11, 7:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jim/834

I hear ya Beaux, but this looks to be a bit more promising now that they have joined up with Legend. The growing pains and gear supplier issues were no doubt disappointing to say the least. But I believe good things are going to be coming from this company. At least they are shipping their RS500/600's and the feedback on them is great so far. I really like mine (which was originally yours)
The new case design looks great and I can't wait to see what the 700 series is all about.
Keisler/LGT SS700 5-speed
Best ET 11.39 @ 121 Mph
Old Dec 16th, 11, 8:00 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
kevin

Iíve received my RS 500 earlier then expected, itís installed and I love it.
Old Dec 16th, 11, 4:07 PM
Tech Team
Jeff

The RS remains to be the main focus and we are not marketing or selling any new products until the RS delays have been corrected. The new case for RS was shown at the 2010 PRI show and is slated to be worked into production at some point. I do not have a timeframe on when this will occur.

As far as the SS/LGT700 goes that will be a new product unrelated to RS even though it shares some exterior design.

We realize the delays on RS have been unacceptable and this was unforeseen in the beginning. We in no way want to duplicate a product launch like this. For those who have waited or continue to wait, your patience is greatly appreciated and thank you for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
keisler, overdrive
Chevelle Tech > Mechanical > Transmission & Driveline      Current Topic: another HD trans Kiesler rs/ss 700
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.