Skip White 427 SBC Ebay engine - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Engine AdvertisementGeneral Engine Discussion.

Old Aug 19th, 11, 8:08 PM
Tech Team
Dante'

Default Skip White 427 SBC Ebay engine

Considering an engine on ebay from Skip White. Its a 427 SBC 620HP with Dart heads and a Bowtie block. Has any one out there purchased an engine from this place or have any info? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 11, 8:51 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Default Re: Skip White 427 SBC Ebay engine

i have bought valve covers and a timing cover from them.. Great service..HOWEVER........ They do sell a lot of procomp and chinese junk also.. Granted those parts may be fine for some but for anything internal i buy MADE IN THE USA. Just ask for a list of internals.. I think of a engine like a woman.. "Put all the makeup on you want but it can't hide your heart" Internals and attention to detail will keep you running strong
Old Aug 19th, 11, 8:55 PM
Tech Team
Dante'

The heads art Dart and the Block is a GM Bowtie I will find out about the other parts.
Old Aug 19th, 11, 9:11 PM
Tech Team
Dan

find out what crank,rods, rockers. Also find out if it was balanced. If your going to spend some cash theres some guys on "Wolfplace" and "Vortec Pro" and more that build some nasty engines for a nice price...If i had money to buy a complete setup it would be one of theirs.. Talk about bang for your buck... I'll have one some day
Old Aug 19th, 11, 9:32 PM
mod since about forever, old now :)
TerribleTom II

Skip White, leading the way in the dumping of cheap china junk. Master of the $52 fake HEI that that generates so much business for AAA.

Maybe you should check around a little for sending any of your money there.
Old Aug 19th, 11, 11:43 PM
Tech Team
alex

Dante . I second everything that Dan and Tom said. I have written on this before check my posts .Spend your money wisely there a lot of engine builders on the team that are tried and true. Alex
Old Aug 20th, 11, 9:27 AM
Senior Tech Team

Make sure that bowtie block is not the one with 2 bolt caps he offers and check on the crank and rods he is using and if he is using a 4 inch stroke and cheap rods they are probably hacked to death on the cam side.

If we build a 427 we use a 3.875 stroke crank and a Dart block bored out to 4.185 we try to stay away from putting a 4.000 arm in a standard cam tunnel block also we are able to get away with a 1.000 base circle cam but we still go to a .904 lifter as lifters hate small base circle cams!!!
Old Aug 20th, 11, 2:39 PM
Tech Team
Dante'

Thanks for the info guys. I will not support any parts not made in the USA. I was only thinking smallblock because I have read that its hard to fit big block headers in a 65.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Mechanical > Engine      Current Topic: Skip White 427 SBC Ebay engine
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.