C6 corvette brakes on chevelle - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions & more.

Old Mar 25th, 10, 10:44 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Default C6 corvette brakes on chevelle

Does anybody know who makes a kit to adapt C5 or C6 brakes on to 68-72 chevelle. I would love to add rear disc but would rather put all 4 vette calipers and rotors on. To me I would rather see Corvette though the rim(18's) than Bear or Brembo or etc. Nothing against those company's ME personally would rather have the baddest GM brakes I could have on my GM muscle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 10, 11:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Default Re: C6 corvette brakes on chevelle

Kore3.com - Tobin is a very easy guy to talk to on brakes and shares his knowledge without reserve. I bought his 325mm front C6 setup and his Z51 rear disc setup with the drum-in-hat parking brake.

Link in my signature has the build up pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
Being politically correct is kinda like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Lurking around again after a long hiatus...
Old Mar 29th, 10, 12:28 PM
Supporting Vendor
T.C.

Default Re: C6 corvette brakes on chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnrat View Post
Does anybody know who makes a kit to adapt C5 or C6 brakes on to 68-72 chevelle. I would love to add rear disc but would rather put all 4 vette calipers and rotors on. To me I would rather see Corvette though the rim(18's) than Bear or Brembo or etc. Nothing against those company's ME personally would rather have the baddest GM brakes I could have on my GM muscle.
Definitely Kore3. They have everything you need for the swap. Just remember that the Corvette runs a very shallow rotor which places the caliper offset outboard of the wheel mounting face. I am not sure of the standard C5/C6 brakes but I know this requires custom wheels when running the larger Z06 stuff...

813-986-9302 Phone
813-986-8055 Fax
TC@BMRSuspension.com
www.BMRSuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Mechanical > Brakes, Suspension & Steering      Current Topic: C6 corvette brakes on chevelle
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.