Dart 2 heads - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Engine AdvertisementGeneral Engine Discussion.

Old Feb 21st, 10, 3:54 PM
Tech Team

Default Dart 2 heads

Does anybody have specs/info for World products Dart 2 cylinder heads? I know the pair I have have the larger chamber (72cc?), are cast iron w/ straight plugs. Are these still a respectable head? Thanks B.
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 10, 4:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Moderator

Default Re: Dart 2 heads

Think your mixing brands.
World doesn't make Dart heads ,Dart does.
Guessing by the chamber size these are SBC heads ,so would these be Sportsman II head's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 21st, 10, 4:43 PM
Senior Tech Team
Dave 383 now

Years ago they called those heads Dart II, now they are called World Sportsman II. Most of them were 200cc intake chamber, and they are sure alot better than using a camel hump head.

Dave
Old Feb 21st, 10, 4:50 PM
Banned
Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Think your mixing brands.
World doesn't make Dart heads ,Dart does.
Guessing by the chamber size these are SBC heads ,so would these be Sportsman II head's?
They were Dart II when they came out in 1987 I think (cant remember the exact year)

They were designed by the owner of Dart and World , They were called Dart II Cylinder Heads

Later, I dont remember the year, Dart broke off from World (dont know which one called it an end) and the head was called the Sportsman II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_d View Post
Does anybody have specs/info for World products Dart 2 cylinder heads? I know the pair I have have the larger chamber (72cc?), are cast iron w/ straight plugs. Are these still a respectable head? Thanks B.
Some information above for you

What is you application? Car specs? Engine Specs? What do you want from the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave427 View Post
Years ago they called those heads Dart II, now they are called World Sportsman II. Most of them were 200cc intake chamber, and they are sure alot better than using a camel hump head.

Dave
Descent head, Can still have DARN GOOD numbers from them today

There are a few 327/350's out there making 600-650hp with ported Sportsman II heads

The exhaust side IMO is small for a performance head, only 4cc bigger than most stock heads
Old Feb 21st, 10, 5:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Moderator

OK ,found some flow data on them
http://www.nastyz28.com/2gcog/cylhead.html
Down at the bottom.

Don't know why I don't remember these.
Old Feb 21st, 10, 6:59 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmnatr View Post
They were Dart II when they came out in 1987 I think (cant remember the exact year)

They were designed by the owner of Dart and World , They were called Dart II Cylinder Heads

Later, I dont remember the year, Dart broke off from World (dont know which one called it an end) and the head was called the Sportsman II
Yup - those are them. Bought them in 1990. Came in 2 chamber sizes - 65 & 72cc (or was it 76cc?) straight or angle plug. I still have the instruction sheet for them but no part #'s, chamber sizes & if they are worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmnatr View Post
Some information above for you

What is you application? Car specs? Engine Specs? What do you want from the engine?
68 el camino

The heads are fully ported & polished, 2.02/1.60 valves - exhausts are undercut (kind of scares me).

4 bolt 383 small block. Weiand dual plane 8004 intake, q-jet carb. Crower hydraulic: 210/218 .421/.444 112 lobe seperation
Hedman headers - primary tube size unknown, 3" collectors, 2.5" exhaust w/ turbo mufflers.

350 trans. 2500 stall convertor, 3.73 12 bolt posi. Have a 700r4 sitting on the sideline.

The guy that did the heads for me picked two cams for me - I went with the conservitive cam because of smog at the time & it was my dailly driver. I know it's a small cam & there is some room for improvement. Can anybody run my #'s thru a dyno program?

Chris's thread http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307671 got me thinking. Cams (& heads) have come along way in the last 20 years & I wondered if these heads would keep up with a roller... Car is 95% street driven, been ahwile since it's been to the track.
I'd like a big flat torque curve, more HP & more choppy idle, but will work with an overdrive (i know cake & eat it too).
Thanks, B.
Old Feb 21st, 10, 7:37 PM
Banned
Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_d View Post
Yup - those are them. Bought them in 1990. Came in 2 chamber sizes - 65 & 72cc (or was it 76cc?) straight or angle plug. I still have the instruction sheet for them but no part #'s, chamber sizes & if they are worthy.

68 el camino

The heads are fully ported & polished, 2.02/1.60 valves - exhausts are undercut (kind of scares me).

4 bolt 383 small block. Weiand dual plane 8004 intake, q-jet carb. Crower hydraulic: 210/218 .421/.444 112 lobe seperation
Hedman headers - primary tube size unknown, 3" collectors, 2.5" exhaust w/ turbo mufflers.

350 trans. 2500 stall convertor, 3.73 12 bolt posi. Have a 700r4 sitting on the sideline.

The guy that did the heads for me picked two cams for me - I went with the conservitive cam because of smog at the time & it was my dailly driver. I know it's a small cam & there is some room for improvement. Can anybody run my #'s thru a dyno program?

Chris's thread http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307671 got me thinking. Cams (& heads) have come along way in the last 20 years & I wondered if these heads would keep up with a roller... Car is 95% street driven, been ahwile since it's been to the track.
I'd like a big flat torque curve, more HP & more choppy idle, but will work with an overdrive (i know cake & eat it too).
Thanks, B.
Just as an example, Pro-Filer 210's AS CAST made 580hp/540tq on a 406 with a 242 @.050 hyd roller built by Bryce @ Dr. J's Performance

Heads run $1,000 from Pro-Filer

However your heads will work good, I could see 450-480hp from them with a clean up port
Old Feb 22nd, 10, 8:48 AM
Senior Tech Team

My friend has the 64 cc version on his 355, and has gone 11.60's with them in an uncut 69 camaro. I think they are a good head.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=DSC01615.jpg
Best pass so far 9.039 at 148.10, 1.266 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Mechanical > Engine      Current Topic: Dart 2 heads
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.