Dart vs. Brodix - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Performance Our High Performance area

Old Jun 10th, 09, 6:49 PM
Tech Team
Joe

Default Dart vs. Brodix

Overall who makes the best cylinder heads DART or BRODIX?

Whats in store
-408 bb
-TCI turbo 400
-12 bolt posi 4:10
-E/T= TBA

http://community.webshots.com/album/570256102PVkXhU

"Good God i'm the Daytona 500 champion I cant believe it" Dale jr 2004 "Forever dale, Forever" Bill Weber 2004
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 09, 6:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Green Weenie

Send a message via Yahoo to Bob West
Default Re: Dart vs. Brodix

I think they both make good heads, but I also think that Brodix is a bit ahead at this time with some of the new stuff they've come out with recently.
Old Jun 10th, 09, 7:09 PM
Senior Tech Team

Like Bob said they've both been around forever. Properly sized, either one will be good.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=DSC01615.jpg
Best pass so far 9.039 at 148.10, 1.266 60'
Old Jun 10th, 09, 7:38 PM
Tech Team
Adam

Do you have a specific combination that you are considering these heads for? Dart or Brodix may make a certain head for a given application that will work a little better than the other, but in general I think it would be difficult to make a general statement that one company makes better heads than the other.

Adam
248 254 @ 050 .600 lift solid flat tappet
victor Jr
pro systems 1000cfm carb
ported 2.19 1.88 valve 049 heads
2.125" hooker super comps
Old Jun 10th, 09, 11:51 PM
Tech Team

My pick is AFR the best out of box head , a very close second is Brodix. The Dart head is also up with those.
Old Jun 11th, 09, 9:27 AM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

Afr

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/P1010428.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/P1010429.jpg
Old Jun 11th, 09, 9:29 AM
Brandon

Both are great companys and do awesome work. Profiler is gonna take this industry by storm with there new street line. They are my vote.
http://brandons71chevelle.weebly.com/

ATK HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINES
WWW.HIGH-PERFORMANCE-ENGINES.COM

Need an engine...shoot me a PM.

Facebook Fan Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ATK...49964895082371
Old Jun 11th, 09, 11:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I've used AFR heads, but not either one of the brands mentioned in the title of this thread (yet). Both companies have good reputations though. As it's already been stated, I think that it depends on what engine and vehicle combo you would require heads for. For instance, it seems that a lot of guys with trailered drag cars that have high compression race gas motors use the Brodix heads. That's well and good, but if for instance you have a tall deck big inch motor for street use intended for pump gas and therefore has a lower compression ratio than a race gas engine in a drag car would have, Brodix doesn't seem to have any of their heads that have big intake runner volumes with chambers that are also big enough to create moderate compression ratios needed for pump gas use.

In such a case, Dart might be the better way to go, but I'm merely throwing out a hypothetical example here in order to illustrate that due to cylinder head selections sometimes being a little different with each manufacture, the application and engine combo you're looking to build can sometimes by itself dictate which cylinder head brands you have to choose from.

One thing I've noticed about many of the Brodix heads that is a nice feature that many other heads don't have is the round exhaust ports.This might be a secondary concern, but because almost all exhaust headers have round openings in the primary tubes where the flanges bolt-up to the cylinder heads, it sure would make life a whole lot easier finding header gaskets that will seal if the heads you have are equipped with round exhaust ports instead of square ones like most heads have.

Since others have thrown out other brand names here, I will too.... BMF seems to make some very nice heads although you'll pay extra for them due to their higher price tags.

http://www.thebmfstore.com/aboutus.asp
Old Jun 11th, 09, 12:00 PM
Tech Team
Grant

Ive used all three at one time or another. At one time they all had there own niche and acceled at it, I date myself, lol. Right now I run Brodix BB2's on my 468 and I'm happy with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Performance      Current Topic: Dart vs. Brodix
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.