Anyone work at Deka batteries? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Jan 12th, 09, 10:58 AM
Senior Tech Team

Default Anyone work at Deka batteries?

In PA?
Webshots Photo Album
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 09, 11:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Default Re: Anyone work at Deka batteries?

You ain't looking for a career change are ya? I worked with a few people who came from there. sounds like a nasty place for new people. anyhow, here's a TTT for you.
Old Jan 13th, 09, 9:42 PM
Senior Tech Team

Yep,I'm looking for a new job.Lost my job last month,and been looking ever since.I don't get it with Deka though.I know 1 person working there,and they are advertising for hiring people,but the guy I know,said they are slow right now.I had an interview a couple of weeks ago,and they sent me a letter saying something like they don't have any positions right now,blah blah,etc.I wonder if this is their rejection letter,or are they keeping me on "file".
Why is it a nasty place for new people?The job market sucks now,and I don't have any formal training or degrees,etc.I have a wife and daughter to support,so I have to find something decent paying.Anything up in Blandon area?
Webshots Photo Album
Old Jan 13th, 09, 10:41 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to ricks_67

I got the same letter last year Adam. My cousin use to be a secratary there and quit last year. Best thing for her.
Old Jan 13th, 09, 11:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

They sponsor a coulple friends of mine in the hydroplane racing stuff, have been for years.
http://www.websterracing.com/sponsors.php
www.u11racing.com
Old Jan 13th, 09, 11:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

I guess if you like mandatory group showers before you are allowed to leave, it ain't so bad. You have any relatives there? Have you been to Carreerlink on 5th street? They hooked me up with Arrow after Lucent closed.
Old Jan 14th, 09, 3:53 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks_67 View Post
I got the same letter last year Adam. My cousin use to be a secratary there and quit last year. Best thing for her.
So what does the letter mean?Just no openings,or company rejection letter.
Webshots Photo Album
Old Jan 14th, 09, 3:56 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ69chevelle View Post
I guess if you like mandatory group showers before you are allowed to leave, it ain't so bad. You have any relatives there? Have you been to Carreerlink on 5th street? They hooked me up with Arrow after Lucent closed.
I heard about the showers,but that depends on what dept your in from what I heard.For a decent job,you gotta do what you gotta do to support the family.
I've been there,a couple of times.I use their website from home also.Trouble is,nobody is hiring for a decent job unless you have a degree,which I don't.
You still work at Arrow?What do you do?Hiring?
Webshots Photo Album
Old Jan 14th, 09, 7:01 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to ricks_67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Loose View Post
So what does the letter mean?Just no openings,or company rejection letter.
Well they never called me, but my cousin had a few things to say about why, that can't be said here. There was an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago about how the automobile manufacturers are affecting Deka and the lack of work right now.
Sorry to hear about the job lose. I was laid off for 6 months last year and was going nuts. Litterally, I wiped out my savings acc't trying to keep on top of things. This monday I started working 12 hour days. Make it while you can. If we don't get the St. Luke's hospital Job I might be laid off again in a couple of months.
Old Jan 14th, 09, 11:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been waiting on a layoff for a year now, and it looks like it might be another 6 months or so. B Braun was hiring not too long ago if you don't mind the idea of driving to Allentown. If I hear of anything else, I'll pass it along.
Old Jan 15th, 09, 6:36 AM
Tech Team

I worked for Exide Battery back in the late 80's. That is no doubt the nastiest, dirtiest job I have ever done. The acid is a monster and there is no getting around it. Not sure what you are looking to do there but if you handle batteries be prepared to destroy all your clothes. The core batteries were the pain in the #$%.
Old Jan 15th, 09, 1:02 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been waiting on a layoff for a year now, and it looks like it might be another 6 months or so. B Braun was hiring not too long ago if you don't mind the idea of driving to Allentown. If I hear of anything else, I'll pass it along.
Yeah,I've seen some of their ads,but all I've seen so far you need a degree for.Plus I don't like the idea of driving that far.So are you laid off from Arrow?
Webshots Photo Album
Old Jan 15th, 09, 1:04 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks_67 View Post
Well they never called me, but my cousin had a few things to say about why, that can't be said here. There was an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago about how the automobile manufacturers are affecting Deka and the lack of work right now.
Sorry to hear about the job lose. I was laid off for 6 months last year and was going nuts. Litterally, I wiped out my savings acc't trying to keep on top of things. This monday I started working 12 hour days. Make it while you can. If we don't get the St. Luke's hospital Job I might be laid off again in a couple of months.
Pm me what she said.
Webshots Photo Album
Old Jan 15th, 09, 11:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

I got word from Arrow that I was getting laid off about 15 months ago, but the move to Mexico isn't going as smoothly as they hoped. I think I'll be out of work by this summer, but I ain't holding my breath. We're talking about getting out of this area altogether and moving into the woods somewhere up north. It ain't looking good around here.
Old Jan 16th, 09, 2:16 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
I got word from Arrow that I was getting laid off about 15 months ago, but the move to Mexico isn't going as smoothly as they hoped. I think I'll be out of work by this summer, but I ain't holding my breath. We're talking about getting out of this area altogether and moving into the woods somewhere up north. It ain't looking good around here.
Tell me about it.It sucks around here.I had my last job for almost 18 years,and was making pretty good money,then I get fired for some BS.I got word that I was fired because of how much I was making,and it was a good way for the company to save money since they are slow now.I'm still wainting to see if I can collect unemployment while I'm looking for a job.I'd consider relocating for a good job,but my wife won't move away because all her family is here.
Webshots Photo Album
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Information Exchange > Bench Racing      Current Topic: Anyone work at Deka batteries?
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.