Epoxy or urethane bedliner for underbody? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

Old Jan 4th, 09, 10:25 PM
Tech Team
Michael

Default Epoxy or urethane bedliner for underbody?

Hello:

Getting closer to priming the bottom of my car, and was originally going to apply a matte black paint over top of epoxy primer to keep it original looking. I am starting to reconsider....I live on a gravel road 1 mile from the paved highway and have no plans to move, so, I think something like DIY spray on bedliner might be a better idea to protect the bottom of the car from dings or rust from gravel hitting the underbody when I take it out for a ride.

I am looking at 2 different products that are available locally, one is epoxy based and the other is urethane based. I read the information from the manufacturer and didn't see anything that makes one better than the other for spraying the underbody, so I was wondering if anyone here has a recommendation on which would be better and why.

Here is the website for each:

http://www.dominionsureseal.com/prod...d=215&catid=35

http://www.dominionsureseal.com/prod...d=214&catid=35

Thanks

Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 09, 7:54 PM
Senior Tech Team

Default Re: Epoxy or urethane bedliner for underbody?

imo , the epoxy base would be a better choice , just because epoxy is less of a sponge !
Old Jan 5th, 09, 7:57 PM
Tech Team
Bob

Send a message via AIM to lev8trmn

I used Gator Guard for all my under car, in car and inside ALL my panels. Not only will it forever protect your underbody, it will protect it from all moisture and be a considerable sound deadener as well. If you planning to keep the car and not too concerened about correct restoration, it's the only way to go in my opinion. Look at my signature link to see what my car used to look like (Chevelle "The Beginning") album and what it's like today. I plan on keeping this one till I die or it's stolen.
ACES #9162
"ELEVATOR" BOB "CYA-L8TR"
LEV8TRMN--"I HAVE MY UPS AND DOWNS"
72 Chevelle Restoration Project: http://community.webshots.com/user/lev8trmn
Old Jan 5th, 09, 9:15 PM
michael wilson

raptor bedliner available at carquest stores. have done 4 frame offs the last 2 years and have shot raptor on the underneath of them all. comes with 4 quarts of product plus quart of hardner and gun to spray it. 100.00 . 4 quarts will do the a chevelle easily. dries to a plastic like surface. very nice looking finish. can even get it in clear and add whatever color you want to it. very easy to wash the bottom of car off after it gets dirty. hope this helps
Old Jan 6th, 09, 10:16 AM
Tech Team
Michael

Thanks guys. I ordered 4 small kits of Gator Guard (instead of the big one), so I can do the underbody and inside as I need to.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th, 09, 2:28 AM
PAUL

Smile Re: Epoxy or urethane bedliner for underbody?

I used Qwikliner spray on bedliner on my truck.QWIK Liner is a permanently bonded a protective barrier between your vehicle and the outside environment, protecting your investment from rust, dents, scratches, and chemical corrosion. Unlike drop-in liners that promote payload slippage, and allow moisture and dirt to get trapped underneath causing rust and corrosion, QWIK LINER sets in seconds, conforming to every curve of your vehicle for immediately use.
Old Jul 7th, 09, 3:28 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jason

I sprayed a few coats of epoxy then shot it with a bedliner. Check my sig.
Old Jul 7th, 09, 3:58 PM
Supporting Vendor
T.C.

I personally like the gator guard. Its an excellent product. Its a mess to work with but it looks great and holds up very well.

813-986-9302 Phone
813-986-8055 Fax
TC@BMRSuspension.com
www.BMRSuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Body Shop      Current Topic: Epoxy or urethane bedliner for underbody?
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.