Reproduction "Harrison" radiators - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first.

Old Sep 28th, 08, 7:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Default Reproduction "Harrison" radiators

Did a search and found many threads on repro radiators, but none for the Harrison.

Just wondering if anybody has purchased one, or had a chance to see one up close. Do they look correct? Have you had any operational problems with it?

This may go on my "things to consider" list for the future. They certainly are expensive so it's good to confirm things in advance.

Appreciate any input.

Joel Rosen to prospective customer:
"How fast do you want to go,
and how much do you want to spend?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 08, 7:57 PM
Team Member
Dan

Default Re: Reproduction "Harrison" radiators

Can't comment on the rad, but I certainly agree with the expensive part. I couldn't justify it, just went with an Alumitech ( which was pricey enough ).
Old Sep 28th, 08, 8:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

Who is doing the repro Harrison ??
TC #2794

Old Sep 28th, 08, 8:20 PM
Team Member
Dan

The Parts Place, $695.00

Old Sep 28th, 08, 9:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jon

I went with a Alumintech also and painted it black. The only difference is it doesn't say Harrison, which on mine would be hard to see with the battery and AC line.
TC #4340
ACES #8448
Old Sep 28th, 08, 10:16 PM
Team Member
Mike Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebJr View Post
Who is doing the repro Harrison ??
Not for 66's SEB..
Old Oct 3rd, 08, 10:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Sebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 MYSTERY CHEVELLE View Post
Not for 66's SEB..
Well..... that's not too smart of them now is it.
TC #2794

Old Oct 3rd, 08, 12:12 PM
Team Member

Smile Re: Reproduction "Harrison" radiators

DON,sent you some info via Email so ck it out,hope it helps you.

I have been watching ebay and other sources for a few yrs now trying to find an original harrison man trans rad to restore and have found nothing yet,have seen mult auto trans rads but not 1 man trans 3 or 4 core original harriosn rad to restore.

Scott
1969 CHEVELLE SS396,ORIGINAL #'S MATCH,GOT IN 1978,(In 2001 rblt/bored original 396 .030 to 402)/M20/12BOLT/3:31'S
2006 YAMAHA 1700 ROADSTAR SILVERADO (1 owner ,GOT in 2009,4,700 miles/WK end fun)
1977 KAWASAKI KZ1000 (AM ORIGINAL OWNER ,GOT IN 1977,NOW has 29k miles/WK end fun)
2002 MAXIMA (DAILY DRIVER/1 owner,GOT 3/2013 w-44k miles)
Old Oct 3rd, 08, 1:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHEATON View Post
DON,sent you some info via Email so ck it out,hope it helps you.

Scott
Got all your emails Scott, thanks buddy.

It was that Ebay ad from The Parts Place that got me thinking on this. I unfortunately will not do business with them. Their price is $695 and good old Jim from Heartbeat City has the same thing for $1,095

However, that third item you sent sounds interesting Scott. I will keep that information on file for future reference should I decide to proceed at some point. Thanks again.

Joel Rosen to prospective customer:
"How fast do you want to go,
and how much do you want to spend?"
Old Oct 3rd, 08, 7:31 PM
Team Member

Hi Don,NP.

Let me know if you find any other new 4 core rad's other then the ones i sent you because i will also be in the market for a 4 core for my 69 396 too so let me know if you find any new one.

Let me know which one you decide to go with if any.

Scott
1969 CHEVELLE SS396,ORIGINAL #'S MATCH,GOT IN 1978,(In 2001 rblt/bored original 396 .030 to 402)/M20/12BOLT/3:31'S
2006 YAMAHA 1700 ROADSTAR SILVERADO (1 owner ,GOT in 2009,4,700 miles/WK end fun)
1977 KAWASAKI KZ1000 (AM ORIGINAL OWNER ,GOT IN 1977,NOW has 29k miles/WK end fun)
Old Oct 3rd, 08, 11:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tracey

I found an original Harrison 4 core rad for manual trans on ebay. I paid $125.00 for it, and that was at the time parts were at peak pricing. Keep looking and don't stop, they are still out there.
"COPO Special Paint Car" TC#1516 ACES#7718
http://www.traceyschevelle.com

2008 Antique Automobile Club of America Old Westbury Gardens 1st place & nominated for Best in Show
2009 Chevelleabration Top Three Award
2010 Antique Automobile Club of America Old Westbury Gardens 1st place & Best in Show
Old Oct 5th, 08, 8:30 AM
Team Member

TRACY,thanks,boy i must have missed that one because i have been on ebay constantly for for a few yrs now looking for an original man trans 3 or 4 core rad to have restored.

I am just about ready to throw in the towel and pop for a new $400 4 core that looks right but no harrison logo and am considering the $695 repop harriosn bit thats a sttrech for me $ wise at this time .

My current rep 4 core i bought back in 1982 ish so its pushing 26yrs old and is doing an ok job coolng but it margianl when up to and over 90 deg when in traffic. I would recore that rad but its a fit all rad that had auto trans tanks and i dont want that,i want it right this time arround with rad for man trans with no trans cooler in it.

But back in 1982 when i bought the repl 4 core i had no idea i would would still own that same car i bought in 1978/30yrs later or i would have tried to get the right rad to rep the ailing stock 3 core rad or i would have had the stock/original 3 core rad re-cored to 4 core,just want thinking long term at that time and what the value of that car would be in the future be basically fully #'s matching to this day other then the rad.

Thanks...scott

Last edited by SWHEATON; Oct 6th, 08 at 1:19 PM.
Old Oct 5th, 08, 11:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tracey

Scott,
You could also use an original 4 core Harrison from an auto and since most will need recore anyway, you could have the auto trans holes welded shut. I've seen it done, you can't tell. I will keep my eyes open for you.

Tracey
"COPO Special Paint Car" TC#1516 ACES#7718
http://www.traceyschevelle.com

2008 Antique Automobile Club of America Old Westbury Gardens 1st place & nominated for Best in Show
2009 Chevelleabration Top Three Award
2010 Antique Automobile Club of America Old Westbury Gardens 1st place & Best in Show
Old Oct 6th, 08, 1:21 PM
Team Member

Tracey,thaks for the tip/idea on having the auto trans coler removed and the holes welded shut,could be good resolution to me not being able to find a good doner man trans rad.

Thanks...Scott
Old Oct 6th, 08, 1:54 PM

I feel the same way as some of the rest of you guys, who can afford one to say how good of a reproduction they are. They may have the Harrison logo but they dont have date codes and some dont have any codes at all, so you know you are looking at a reproduction when you dont see codes on the end tanks. I am like Scott I'm still looking for the original radiator to materalize so I can restore it and proudly display it in my Chevelle. My radiator seems very scarce, its for my 68 SS 396 4spd. the large end tank has XM embossed in it and it should have a tag on it with the large code letters OJ embossed on it and it is a 3 core radiator. On another note I have found some 69 and 70 DO radiators if someone is intrested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Specialty > Restoration Corner      Current Topic: Reproduction "Harrison" radiators
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.