14097088 heads - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Engine AdvertisementGeneral Engine Discussion.

Old Oct 29th, 07, 6:37 AM
Tech Team
Bill

Default 14097088 heads

Are these heads any good. 454 build. Street use only. They can be had for a reasonable price. Can somebody explain if these heads will work well as opposed to some of the other well known casting numbers or the Dart and World (fairly low end price) from Summit/Jegs. I am well familiar with Mortec.
Thanks, Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 07, 3:00 PM
Tech Team
Joe

Default Re: 14097088 heads

Bill I am doing the same checks myself.The 088 heads are the gen 5s and will need the special gasket from felpro to use on gen 4.Its not a big deal.They flow 325cc and have the 119 chamber.I have seen them complete for 950.00 new.The summits are 1291.00 and they are supposed to be the iron eagle with their name on it.I have heard alot of differernt opinions on the 088s.I run this style on my 66 and they work well on it.But I am turning the 427 around 7300-7500 rpms.I have a 468 that im putting in my 69 chevelle that will operate in the 6200-6500 max rpm.I have been told that they are to big for a street engine but I just dont know.The guy who is selling them has a speed shop and he says they will work fine and he has alot of customers that use them with success.So whos right.I would like to hear some other opinions on these as well. good luck
Old Oct 29th, 07, 4:43 PM
Senior Tech Team
Vinny Vince

I had the later version of the 088's on my 454HO and they had a 325cc intake port, 118cc chambers. They are rectangular. Good head, but the consensus here is that your better off doing up a set of ovals, but if they are cheap enough go for it.

I would go with the Summit/Dart heads for 1200.00, but they may have a raised port, not sure.
Old Oct 29th, 07, 9:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
jimmyradford

Depending on what springs and such you have installed they will run about 1200 bucks, they flow about the same as the Summit heads but the ports are bigger. Chevy High Performance did a build up on a 496 using them and made 611 Hp.
'67 Hell Camino-BB 427/TH400/???
'65 Elky-327/TH350/3.08 peg leg
'55 BelAir 2 door post-327, in progress/TH-400/4.10
"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-Orsen Wells
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Mechanical > Engine      Current Topic: 14097088 heads
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.