eaton 8.2 10 bolt posi c clip? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Transmission & Driveline Transmissions and Differentials

Old Oct 14th, 07, 8:26 PM
Tech Team

Default eaton 8.2 10 bolt posi c clip?

I am currently bidding this item on ebay i was wondering, hoe the whole c clip axle retainers work? will it work on my rear end? can i make it work if it's not the right part? in other words could i buy the right axles or what ever i might need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 07, 7:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Default Re: eaton 8.2 10 bolt posi c clip?

Yes, it will work, if you have an 8.2 10 bolt that is....I have the exact same setup....in fact I just took it apart Saturday to get my drum backing plate off for the disc brake setup. After taking the differential cover off...you take out the shear pin bolt(small, facing towards the right side of car), remove the shear pin, push one axle in and use a magnet to remove a C-clip, remove the axle, then do the same to the opposite axle....easy as it can get. Revers order to put it back in. Make sure you don't lose the lock washer for the shear pin bolt as it's very important that bolt does not come out.
Jerico DR-4
S60, True Trac, 3.54 gears
http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q...67%20Chevelle/
Old Oct 15th, 07, 7:37 PM
Senior Tech Team
Freddie

What part are you bidding on? The posi? If you have a Chevy 8.2 it wll have c clips holding the axles in. If you are bidding on a Chevy 8.2 posi for c clip axles then it will work. Be sure to get bearings and shims with it. You will need the shims to set the backlash and bearing preload.
Old Oct 15th, 07, 11:02 PM
Tech Team

sweet deal guys. ok I got out bidded wich is ok because I think im just going to order a new one from summit

My question to you guys is how would I know if my car as the c clips holding in the axles? How do I find that out with out taking off the diff cover off?

If i were to get a 8.2/ 8.5 gm posi whats the differance betwen the both?
Old Oct 16th, 07, 7:09 PM
Senior Tech Team
Freddie

If you have the Chevy 8.2 10 bolt then you have c clip axles. If you have the BOP 8.2 10 bolt then you don't have c clip axles. If you have the 8.5 then it could be either one. Do you know which rear end you have? Before you buy something from Summit send me an email for a price. I sell the Eaton cheaper than Summit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Mechanical > Transmission & Driveline      Current Topic: eaton 8.2 10 bolt posi c clip?
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.